V-1 and V-2 Transport Trains

dmeephd

Modelleisenbahner1955
I am looking for some photographs of the railway wagons used to transport V1 and V2 components from the factories to the launch sites. I have some photos of the Ommru wagons and Rungen-wagens used to transport the V2, but not nearly enough with which to detail an actual model. I am aware that two Rungen-wagens were coupled to a single Ommru wagon - one on each end - and carried two V2 fuselages with the nosecones stored in the Ommru. As I understand it, a fully loaded train would consist of 20 V2s, for a total of thirty wagons. (Not counting passenger coaches for staff and guards, nor any FlaK wagons for anti-aircraft protection.)

I have photographs of the transport trains used to carry the V-2/A4 from the assembly centers to the launch sites. The book by Wolfgang Gückelhorn and Detlev Paul, "V2 gefrorene Blitze (V2 Frozen Lightning) Employment history of the V2 from the Eifel; Hunsrück and Westerwald 1944/45," (ISBN 978-3-938208-43-4, 2007 Helios Verlag) goes into great detail about these transport trains as well as rail-based launching trains (foreseeing the MX missile and the Scub by about 35 years!). Unfortunately, for the modeler, there just are not enough photos.

Here's a scan from that book showing one of the relevant pages:
th_helos002.jpg

The Germans used two Rungen-wagens (low-sided gondolas with stakes) coupled to a single Ommru wagon (a center-door gondola) - one on each end - and carried two V2 fuselages with the nosecones stored in the Ommru. The fuselage of the V-2 were mounted on the Rungen-wagen, with the tail facing the end of the Rungen-wagen.

For the V1, I have be unable to locate any relevant photos. I was hoping that some of the members on this forum, which seems to be a veritable cornucopia of information, could lend a hand.

Back