usps rant

From Montana to New York, should only take 3 - 5 days, not withstanding the weather of course. I have a package coming from Chicago, via UPS, and that has been delayed in Buffalo due to weather. I'll be watching and thanks montanan, looking forward to receiving it :)

Tony got his package this morning. Shipped from Montana on a Friday and arrived in New York on Monday. Not too shabby.

G'day all....Get something like Australia Post - EXPRESS POST...At last something we do better here...Even in the backblocks where I am..almost unheard of taking more than a second day...Simple , straight forward so long as the person on the other end remembers to sign the air freight Dangerous Goods disclosure..The new Courier service is great too..I'm happy with both...Cheers Rod..

Rodney,

Sounds like AustPost has come ahead in leaps and bounds over the past 6 or so years. I remember my wife sending me a christmas gift that arrived in Aust from the US within 5 days. It then took AustPost 3 months to get it to me, once they found it :)

G'day Tony...No joke..It's automatic tracking on all packages now ..not just Express Post...The Courier service is good too and unless its a real big article the costs for me at least it's pretty decent.... Express and the tracking tool means that you get updated via message where your stuff is ...The bad old days seem to be gone...Isn't perfect but isn't too shabby...and I'm a harsh and impatient git when it comes to postage.. Re USPS.. when i bought some clothes from the US a couple of years ago I was impressed by the delivery time all be it the cost for one medium carton was $40..The delivery time once dispatched was 8 days to my door...Pretty darn good...Matter of fact I'm wearing one of the four Trailblazer shirts right now .. as it happens.. Ever used Cabela's stuff Highly recommend if you haven't.. Cheers Rod....

PayPal shipping is a little bit cheaper and you don't have to go to the post office you can have them pick it up at your house.

Sent from my iusing Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm wondering if it's just a software or printer settings issue. Being they are in your queue i think it's related to your printer settings. You also have the option to cancel a label, hope a new one prints & get refunded. Only 1x did a label fail to print using paypal, it ended up i needed to clear tmp files or something that i wasn't familiar with.
Especially online, usps Priority Mail is inexpensive plus boxes are free, i'd stick with them but thru paypal or ebay only.

Back