Up2csx

Just saying Hello. I am in your neck of the woods. I went thru Columbus Ga on my way from Jackson GA to Eufaula AL. Picking up down here today and headed up to Indiana. I will be thru the Montgomery area but unfortinatly like normal I wont have any time to stop.

Looks like Conrail had a little mishap at Columbus they had a derailment just east of there on US-80. I was caught by supprise or I would have had photos of it.

BTW a little CB talk Truckers call Montgomery, Monkey Town I have no idea why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Don,
Good to hear you were down here with some nice driving weather. Next time, I'll be happy to give you a layout tour and buy lunch if you have time.

I assume the derailment in Columbus was actually on NS tracks involving a train that had Conrail locomotives. Conrail never ran down here but parts of Conrail were merged into the NS in 1998 so you'll still see some blue Conrail locomotives in the South although the number is usually patched out with a new NS number with a small "NS" below the number.

The CB reference to Montgomery has very offensive racial connotations which I'm sure you'll understand now that I've put it in context. It makes my teeth stand on edge every time I hear it.

I can understand that now that you mention it. Just thinking of all that I have been hearing on the CB since Obama won the election. Its sad that we still find people that hold onto hate for so long. Most of them cant even come up with a real reason that they hate African Americans.
I always thought it was kinda odd that our fore fathers came over here to escape persecution only to persecute others. You would think with time it would just go away but I guess we still have along way to go.
However I doubt that it will ever change just look at history, Rome thought that they were the Light of the world and that they were going to bring Civilisation to the world. Not that the rest of the world wanted it but rather they forced there views on to the rest of the world after a military conquest of it. It was that view that finally caused the downfall of Rome itself.
Its kinda like an old saying that I was told many times when I was younger
You can lead a Horse to water but you cant make it drink.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back