Twin deck girders update from my build back better project

NYC_George

I decided the twin deck girders from my build back better project should be placed here in the structures and building forum. There's a few more items that need to be added, that is railing, lights for the concrete car bridge, swampy water, cattails, concrete weathering, more chain link fencing and some stuff I know I'm forgetting.
George

S_G_01.JPG
S_G_02.JPG

George, very nice! What made you decide on that style of bridge? Is that a prominent style in the East?

Thanks RE.

Jerry I have a large photo that's been in my train room forever of one on the NYC that I was going to show you and guess what I misplaced it somewhere. So any way I'm all most done with 2 other bridges pictured below. Double track twin truss style. Once I get across those, I can start accessing track 1. The camps in the background are securing some glue blocks to hold the curve in the facia board,
George

Layout_G_DTT_01.JPG
Layout_G_DTT_02.JPG

Those through girder bridges are pretty common out in this neck of the woods. The UP bridge that crosses the Wilmette River East of Eugene was my inspiration for getting one for my layout.

Back