Trix / Marklin PA locomotives (pair)

beiland

I was just at a train show this past weekend, and a fellow offered up a pair of Trix PA's at a very attractive price,..... I couldn't resist, even though I do NOT do Union Pacific. Apparently these were only made in UP livery??

TRIX Marklin 22805 HO ALCO PA-1 Class 600 Union Pacific AA #600/601, DCC​

DSCF9897.JPG

DSCF9900.JPG

DSCF9898.JPG

I'm trying to learn more about them as there was no literature in the box

Last edited:
It turns out they have metal shells that give them great weight for pulling power,...and lots of space inside to add other items.

They have DCC motor control, but no sound in the factory delivered condition. They also run on DC power. And in both situations they run very equally together even when not coupled together (the stock coupler on my pair is broken).

There is plenty of room to put several types of speakers in there,...
DSCF9896.JPG

DSCF9893.JPG

DSCF9892.JPG
DSCF9891.JPG

(there is one connecting yellow wire broken which appears to have something to do with lighting, but my lighting seems to be fine?...strobs and headlites, etc))

Those blue pieces of tape are covering over a depression in the top surface that gain access to the screw holding the shell to the frame. I do not have those cover plates, but likely they could be fashioned out of sheet styrene

images.jpg

top surface.jpg

FOR SALE...cheap

I just bought them at a recent show for a very good price, and I am willing to sell them for the price i paid,...$115 for the pair

I have just discovered I already have a goodly selection of PA's, .....and don't need more in the Union Pacific linage that I do not model.

Back