Travel by Amtrak

Out of curiosity, how do you know it's AI? Aside from being a very generic elocution on a six-month old thread, is there some key that makes it recognizable as such? I generally like to think I'm pretty good at identifying fake and fabricated things online, but the rapid expansion of AI stuff lately is a new frontier, it would seem.

And what would be the usefulness of using AI to post on random message boards? Especially one with a subject matter as innocuous as ours?
If it's all done using AI, and the spammer returns to the forums the post was accepted and posted in, and adds spam links to those posts, they get confirmed posts and links they get paid for, rather than wasting their time trying to post. The initial posting is "automated," freeing up the spammer to do more, and get paid more.

And trust me, we are not under the radar of the spammers here. I remove a great many users, posts, and links almost daily.

My first Amtrak train ride was in August 1980, from Houston, TX to Joliet IL. I was 12 years old, so I don't remember much of the trip. I'm pretty sure it was all coach class.

My 2nd Amtrak train ride was from Baltimore, MD to Syracuse NY, then back to Baltimore in 2012, all coach class. The seats were very roomy and it was a pleasant ride. Can't wait to do my next Amtrak trip.

Edit to add that the trains were most crowded around the big cities, as they seemed to be used more for people commuting to and from work. In the more rural areas the train wasn't very crowded at all.

Back