Train carrying cases?

I am a member of a modular club here in MN and I use flat style wide boxes that I have found over the years. Laptop boxes, boxes that hold auto parts like control arm suspension parts, etc. I just cant justify spending the kind of money for those hobby specific tote systems.

Buying those boxes are as I see it an expense I can do without. They definite seem to be more expense than they should be.

Example, here in Alabama, there is a "sport" tariff on tackle boxes for fishing. Wal-mart carries a lot of tackle boxes and they have the Tariff on them, %15 IIRC.

But you walk a couple of aisles over, into the tool section, and there are the same "tackle boxes" labelled as tool boxes, and you can get them for less.

I have to agree with Chris and Carey. I asked the guy that had the ally cased ones and he said just the foam liner was $30. I'd rather buy another wagon than fork out that much.

A lot of N Scalers in my area use Porta-Cases

Case4.jpg

http://home1.gte.net/rnd1/webpages/train cases/index.htm

Greg Amer
The Industrial Lead
gregamer.com

Ive also been in the market for foam. Checked Menards for carpet foam which works pretty good and at 79 cents a square foot. I need quite a bit and figured over 50 dollars just in the foam for the amount I would need. Jo-Ann has foam but its in the dollars per square foot amount and no way it would be cost effective. At least one member of our club used the left over foam from having the carpet installed in his home.

The deviders go up to about the top of the handrails & will move to pick up by fuel tanks or undercarrages. I have used a thin foam that protects bumper covers (bodyshop stuff) for Hondas.
Tim

Back