Track work acid test

Okay, it's time to really see if the track is bulletproof... two trains running, one mainline, one branchline. I'm on the back porch. Nobody watching. 15 minutes. We'll go see if they're still going... i watched em for 30 mins before I left, so no reason they shouldn't be fine. But you know how it is... bear in the woods...

Fcwilt... I did. Both directions too. But honesty compels me to admit I had to pull up and redo two sections I didn't get right to reach this point.

Stoker: lol. Mr. Garcia spoke with authority on that one!

Fcwilt... I did. Both directions too. But honesty compels me to admit I had to pull up and redo two sections I didn't get right to reach this point.

Stoker: lol. Mr. Garcia spoke with authority on that one!

Good for you.

Running backwards tends to reveal problems that you won't see running forwards.

Backwards will definitely be the way to find any problems. When I recently built a yard, I backed a 20 or some car train, with some light weight cars through every switch and track numerous times. No derailments either. Guess I done good. :D

I often have to run trains backward when I'm positioning them [in staging] for an op session.

I'm ballasting all my visible track now - wonder how much trackwork I'll have to redo after it cures...!:eek:

Yeah. About half my track is ballasted, and thankfully the bad parts weren't yet. The good news is one you ballast, it really locks the track in place well. So if it's good, more likely to stay good. But if you do need to redo, much bigger pita factor.

Back