Track Question

As i'm starting my layout, this is the track I'm going to be using. Can anyone tell me what code this is and if this is a good track to be using? To start out im going to be doing dc, then later on down the year or so probably switching to dcc.
018.jpg

020.jpg

Went to the model power site to see if I could find out what code this is but couldn't find it listed.

Model Power track is okay. If you haven't already bought it spend the extra 60 cents a piece and get atlas. I used MP track for the back of my layout and it is very hard to work with. With atlas you can slide the one rail till they match up with where the Model Power track it will slide a little if you tap it with a hammer. If you already have it i'd go on and use it but if not go with atlas.

It looks like you've got the MP black tie flex track. It is nickel silver but that stock number is old so I think it's code 100. I think this is probably the stuff Mike was working with. The newer code 83 brown tie MP flex track is every bit as good as Atlas and just as easy to work with, as well as generally being a bit cheaper. If you've already bought it and can't return it, it will still work fine but I would certainly try to get the brown tie version if I could.

Yah, I have some of that track -- it's currently being used on my display shelves because it's so hard to work with and "doesn't play well with others". Code 100 for sure. If you'd like some more I can give you a good price. :rolleyes:

Back