Track diorama - Weathered, Countryside scenery

vnangli

Members,
I am new to this forum. I have a bunch of highly detailed rolling stock for which I am searching for a detailed diorama. Preferred dimensions 25"X25".
Basically, I am looking for anything which has details of shrubs, track ballast, old station/building structures being part of the diorama.

The diorama will be for display purposes only and doesnt need any functionality to run any locomotive.

Can you please help me find one?

Thanks

Welcome to the Crew.

Do you have a year or and era you model and would like the diorama to fit into?

The way I read your post you do not want to build the diorama yourself. Is that correct? If so, do you have a dollar mount you want to spend?

Thank you for the welcome note.

You are right, I dont want to build the diorama. As far as the year, preferred would be between 1980s and 90s. Desert background, city landscapes or train stations would be my area of interest. I would like to stay within $200 and $300. I live in Fort Wayne-INDIANA and am ready to drive within a radius of 200 miles to pick up, if required.

Interesting. I sure would like to help but I have so many fires already going.

If you had a photo of an area you might like for the scene and you posted it here it might draw in some more comments. Best to you on this

I’m thinking something generic like a small rising hillside just outside the city and just one or even 2 tracks for display. I can see that fitting into the 25x25 space. A quick breeze online for city railroad scapes didn’t yield any stations and no deserts. So while I know this image doesn’t fit your criteria it may help others with ideas

to make this scene useable to you I would thin the trees exposing the billboard and create a small concrete wall to act as a divider from the top line of trees and a possible road making it a more urban scene. I would make the road behind the diesels a narrow 1 lane gravel road. I think this could be timeless with only the billboard and light poles giving away a time frame or era. Personally I like the “dead season” look of this scene. While it‘s definitely not a Winter or Summer scene I think the trees without leaves and the brown decaying ground cover makes this scene pop. It would be a pleasant looking scene that while distinct won’t draw the viewer away the model or models on display

IMG_0960.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi and welcome,
I am not sure what you mean by asking for "one" do you mean the whole thing as in a complete diorama or components and inspration to build one?
This guy is good if you want to make one yourself https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPeZXHh52SuCYjnDtHgl9sA

If you want to buy a "ready steady go" one ther are many but they are not cheap. They are usually about 1000+ euros with or without track depending on the brand and the artist. Noch do several of these in the commercial-produced sesnse (as in someone has the same as you).

Last edited:

Back