Tortoise and turnout wiring

Chemdawg

Im working on my wiring for my layout right now and I'm thinking of something that might be kind of wierd. I am using tortoise machines for all of my turnouts. Also everything including the turntable is dcc. I was thinking of adding switches to my panel so I could manually switch my turnouts instead of going through the command station. Can you do both?

It all depends on what type of stationary decoder you are using. I know the hare and the wabbit will work that way, but i cant remember without rereading the manual on the switch-it if it will work. (i think it will) The switch 8 wont work that way though.

Im working on my wiring for my layout right now and I'm thinking of something that might be kind of wierd. I am using tortoise machines for all of my turnouts. Also everything including the turntable is dcc. I was thinking of adding switches to my panel so I could manually switch my turnouts instead of going through the command station. Can you do both?

YES you can! A digitrax DS-64 can do this. There are 8 sensor inputs on it. These can be used to take the input from the control panel to operate the switch while the DCC can also sent it a signal to throw the switch.

Here is kind of a complicated drawing of it but its actually much simpler that picture.

multicontrol.png

Back