tooters scooters...

How is it going to get down? Cow's can't (or rather don't like to) go down stairs (due to where their eyes are located on their head) let alone jump off the top of a rail car!

Greg, I've got some stuff in my RR Junk Yard that you could probably use to make some cars. Like, Steel Mill parts, etc. maybe I'll send you a box of stuff when I can get some money ahead. All of these doctor bills are putting my train stuff out to pasture. haven't been this far behind for quite some time.
Nuff about me, I'll grab some junk & send it soon.
larry:D;)

Hey Larry,

Sorry to hear about your health. I'm moving into the "falling apart" years, too. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your offer, but please don't send anything.
I'm already DROWNING in train parts. :eek:

Take Care,

Greg

Take Care,

Greg[/QUOTE]

Shucks, I thought I could get rid of some of my junk that I hate to throw away because some day I'm go'in to need it. I figured I'd send some more stuff & then maybe find some things I've been look'in for, for at least 5 years.:D:):p:confused::eek::rolleyes:

Take Care,

Greg

Shucks, I thought I could get rid of some of my junk that I hate to throw away because some day I'm go'in to need it. I figured I'd send some more stuff & then maybe find some things I've been look'in for, for at least 5 years.:D:):p:confused::eek::rolleyes:

I'm a pack rat just like you are, Larry.
That's why I have piles of stuff like you do. ;)

Greg

When I was a teenager, I prided myself in building model cars and always having parts left over. Like the Johnny Cash song, I could have built a '49, '50, '51...
But I can't think of what I did with that huge drawer of parts. I could really use the engine block from a '67 GTO right now.

And Tooter, don't think we've forgotten about your cow on the roof dilemma. :p

I cut the boom in half and reattached it to the cab of this Walthers Powered Crane. The cab has been stripped in preparation for a new point job. After that the boom will get the rigging installed.

Even though it's not done yet, I couldn't resist taking it out for for a quick spin... ;)

[YOUTUBE]oUvYgWxGS3k[/YOUTUBE]

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished stripping the cab and repainting it... :)

7e91a663.jpg

...next comes the rigging. Gotta break out the magnifying glass for that! :rolleyes:

Greg

Wow... someone did some really nice cutting! :)

I have a couple of passenger cars that the factory already cut into shortys... ;)

IMG_4869.jpg

That's one of my favorite cars... :)

269aed4d.jpg

I installed spoke wheels on it to match the rest of the old time European rolling stock.

Finally managed to finish this set of diecast metal, wood, and resin mining cars... :)

b8287e05.png

They're the only ones I could find that are not only HO scale, but they also roll on HO gauge track. The kits were really tedious to assemble, but with the help of the trusty magnifier glass I was able to complete them. ;)

Greg

No. The main body is heavy solid resin with just the top hollowed out with a Dremel to sprinkle ore on top in a little pile. Everything else is diecast metal except for the wood platform and the wooden plank trim lining the top of the cars, so they track very well. I'll post a video of them in operation when I get the time. :)

Here's videos of the little mining ore cars... :)

85d275c2.jpg

[YOUTUBE]LTBUEHxhcVE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]OgkfM6f4gl0[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Back