Thoughts on the late 1990's Lionel Locomotives

afleetcommand

Have THREE of them with the "later" versions of the "Pull more" motors. These are mounted in the front vs. the read as the old post war and even MPC era Pull More powered locomotives. All three will run "ok" for a minute or two then appear to bind up. Why? And what can be done to get them too run well vs. just swap them out with the original Pull Mores ( If u can find them )

Have THREE of them with the "later" versions of the "Pull more" motors. These are mounted in the front vs. the read as the old post war and even MPC era Pull More powered locomotives. All three will run "ok" for a minute or two then appear to bind up. Why? And what can be done to get them too run well vs. just swap them out with the original Pull Mores ( If u can find them )
Sorry, I have no personal experience with that motor. Is it integrated into the truck? I'm reading up on it I am thinking maybe it isn't a bind but rather an over heating issue. As the motor runs metal expands and causes a wire to become, lets say unattached. See this thread on another forum starting about post #13. bit off topic - Guard what you believe of what they say about "can motors".... They are confusing any motor that is can shaped with a true can motor. https://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/pulmore-motors-ok-but

I bought a few 1990's Lionel diesel locomotives on eBay. I found that with each one the gears were clogged with dried up old lube (soap is more like it). One was so bad it would not even run. I cleaned out the old lube out. I replaced it with synthetic lube and they ran fine the last time I used them.

Mine were worse when I first tested them. A couple got a little better as I let them run, but all of them had to be cleaned and lubed.

That is just my personal experience with a few locomotives.

Back