Thinning Polly S acrylics

GN.2-6-8-0

Just finished reading a article in the Oct. 1991 issue of MR. on painting with acrylic's and the gentleman stated that he uses denatured alcohol to thin his paint's but also said that Polly S brand does not take to thinning with D/A well.
Anyone tried this and had problems? or anyone using Polly S what thinning agent do you find works best.
Thought i had this problem licked now not so sure.:confused:

I thin Polly S with just tap water. Works well for me that way. The bottle calls for distilled water though.

Just happens I was doing some weathering with Polly S. We have a Brita water fillter so I use filltered water to be safe.
I have never had a problem using water with Polly S it works great and the paint cleans up easy with soap and water.

The reason to use distilled water is to remove the minerals from the water.

I've used windex with very good results, it does not have the capillary action of water, so it won't bubble up, allowing smoother paint.

I use d/a to thin with no problems. I also stir, not shake, acrylic paints for the reason that Josh stated, bubbles.

Johnny

anything that thins with water will thin better with isopropyl alcohol. Iso wets better, dries faster.

Back