The Hudson Highlands RR, circa 1941

NYW&B

My Hudson Highlands RR is set in eastern New York State during the month of October in 1941, with classic northeastern autumn foilage in its full color. The visible part of the railroad represents a branchline that traverses the Taconic hills on its way to the major city of Jacksboro, NY. The railroad operates a diverse roster of Camelback locomotives, but you'll also find the occasional rear-cab engine as well as some early diesels that are just beginning to appear on the property. Click on the link below to view a slideshow of the layout.

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h182/CNJ831/HHRRtour/?albumview=slideshow

NYW&B

I have to say, I'm a fan! I know it would kill the illusion, but I would love to see a pulled back picture of your layout. Kind of like asking the magician how he does his tricks I suppose.:eek: Nice work

I've admired your work for a long time. I've never seen such a nice blend of city, country, and railroad scenery. The fall colors are stunning in how real they look and your downtown is a work of art. How big is your whole layout and how long have you been working on it? I like to detail my layout but what you've done puts mine to shame.

I've admired your work for a long time. I've never seen such a nice blend of city, country, and railroad scenery. The fall colors are stunning in how real they look and your downtown is a work of art. How big is your whole layout and how long have you been working on it? I like to detail my layout but what you've done puts mine to shame.

The layout is currently 14x14 in an E-shaped arrangement. Eventually it will reach about 14x24 when the main yard is added. The layout is about six years old at this point, with much of the scenicking work accomplished in short spurts, but there are often long intervals of idleness in between.

NYW&B

Nice work!!
1.gif

WOW! Well since your layout is similar in size to my own I can no longer use the excuse of not having enough space to build a masterpiece. You've done an amazing job of fitting all the elements I would want into it. I guess I only have my limited talent to blame for my layout's short comings.

Back