The Great Train Expo

Layouts at the louisville one werent great but not bad. The selection was good, prices were good but no spectacular deals. Lionel and Larger scales had alot of booths this year. Worth going imo

I am going, I was just wondering what to expect. I see people talk about the World's Greatest Hobby show, but not much about this one.

Went to the GTE in Council Bluffs, Iowa for the 3rd straight year. Always fun for us(my son and I). There were a few layouts that were new this year. A few different vender's too.
Of course, to me, any train show is worth checking out. If we don't support them, they'll stop having them.

I went to it as well a couple weeks ago; I had a good time. Picked up a couple decoders, a SP Black Widow F7B, and a Rio Grande GP9M.

These traveling train shows reflect the talent & venders from the area. They vary much depending where the shows are.
I live near Philadelphia & we have many clubs in the area, & many of them are featured at these shows. It really doesn't matter that much what the show is called, it's where it is held. Jerry

Back