The Diesel Detailer

Gee. That's it? You asked for pictures and that got you banned?

Why do I suspect there's just a little bit more to the story than what you're telling us.

Hopefuly River Run will tell us his version of what happened (not that it really belongs here).

I am telling you the whole story I have never even talked to river run before untill I asked him about the two sw9s. I asked if they where dcc or dcc ready. He told me he did not know. Then I asked if I could see some pic of them. And thats when I got kicked off the site. I had bought a nother set of locos from a guy on there about a week or two before and every thing was good. then I talked to river run and that is when it all happened

I am telling you the whole story I have never even talked to river run before untill I asked him about the two sw9s. I asked if they where dcc or dcc ready. He told me he did not know. Then I asked if I could see some pic of them. And thats when I got kicked off the site. I had bought a nother set of locos from a guy on there about a week or two before and every thing was good. then I talked to river run and that is when it all happened

Very unusual. I have no reason to question your story, but I'd still like to hear his someday. Sounds like something got lost in the translation.

Anyway, I belong to his site, and have only posted there a time or two without incident. I don't think I've logged on in a few weeks, so maybe I've been banned too and just don't know it yet. I doubt it, though.

Many were banned while I was there and some of them were on a whim while others did deserve it. I left this winter after a oddball exchange with him and haven't looked back. There are plenty of other forums without the drama of the dd.

I understand that. He seems to run hot and cold. I saw people thrown out for nothing really. So I packed up and left. Been over here ever since with no Drama!!! ;)

Ya I like it over here It is really nice. I am not going to worry about it in more I am going to move on to better things.

I'm an admin on a forum with over 300,000 registered users. The answer to running any forum successfully is to have a set of rules that are simple, and based on common sense. We are never arbitrary; except for spammers, nobody gets permanently banned without a discussion among the admins and moderators. If someone is heading on a path that might get them banned, we will always send a private message with a warning.

It works, and nobody ----NOBODY---- gets banned without knowing why.

He removed all admins, so it is a one man show now. A member was semi- rude to him on another site, and was then banned on the DD. Lots of odds things have gone on with people either getting banned or forced out. there is not always a clear cut reason why. I am a admin on other sites and never saw anything like this.

He removed all admins, so it is a one man show now. A member was semi- rude to him on another site, and was then banned on the DD. Lots of odds things have gone on with people either getting banned or forced out. there is not always a clear cut reason why. I am a admin on other sites and never saw anything like this.

As a former mod there all of the above is true. It is run like a dictatorship with El Presidente at the helm. Even if you toe the line you still can get the boot and don't expect to get a explanation.

That is a shame because if people com ing in to this hobby meet him first they might think we are all like that and not want any part of it. He is giving it a bad name.

Back