The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, now I am back to thinking of the room addition. The daughter called and said her husband wants to hang on to the camper for awhile. I know: Signals First! Signals First!
This could get confusing!
eyepop.gif

Luc: I just visited your photo site and you are off to a good start. I wish that I had half of your buildings.

NZKen: Yeah, the passenger pennisula is a good example, but it also got caught with zipping to a new idea. The box for the terminal is there, the platform parts are there, but visitors have a hard time seeing the city...I don't know why...I can see it...sort of.:D

Rex...Do the signals, that's a sure thing, right?

I just finally broke away from the TV, first time in over 1 1/2 years that I actually sat down and watched that blasted device. I have been bitten by the 24 bug... what a show... Go Jack!!!

Now I am back to reality, my RR ;)

Yeah David, "24" is a good one. I am glad they are starting the clock again.

The signals are indeed, a sure thing...I think:confused: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
"Dad you're like, SO paranoid..!"

Good morning Sabrina, hot cuppa joe for me, thanks...

Hi y'all, well the Dude From Dell finally showed up yesterday and replaced the defective motherboard on the Home 'puter, but somwhere in the process, my Norton got hosed; when I went to use it early this morning, there was an error message saying I had to un-install Norton and reinstall it - a time consuming but necessary effort. So I let the reinstall process run and, while I stepped away, my teenage daughter logged on and started using her AIM! She doesn't have a clue about Internet security or software installation, and when I explain all the possible bad things that can happen she tries to argue that its just a "bunch of hype". I'm halfway tempted to let the machine get infested, then see if she can figure out for herself how to undo the damage.:mad:

Luc, thanks for sharing your Railimages link, looks like GloeTown has been going thru a growth spurt! Hope the town's namesake is doing OK...

As for TV, that's one thing I avoid like the plague. It's taken long enough for me to get to where I'm at with my layout, without that hypnotic distraction...:rolleyes:

CSX_road_slug said:
Good morning Sabrina, hot cuppa joe for me, thanks...

Hi y'all, well the Dude From Dell finally showed up yesterday and replaced the defective motherboard on the Home 'puter, but somwhere in the process, my Norton got hosed; when I went to use it early this morning, there was an error message saying I had to un-install Norton and reinstall it - a time consuming but necessary effort. So I let the reinstall process run and, while I stepped away, my teenage daughter logged on and started using her AIM! She doesn't have a clue about Internet security or software installation, and when I explain all the possible bad things that can happen she tries to argue that its just a "bunch of hype". I'm halfway tempted to let the machine get infested, then see if she can figure out for herself how to undo the damage.:mad:

Luc, thanks for sharing your Railimages link, looks like GloeTown has been going thru a growth spurt! Hope the town's namesake is doing OK...

As for TV, that's one thing I avoid like the plague. It's taken long enough for me to get to where I'm at with my layout, without that hypnotic distraction...:rolleyes:

AHhhh Children, So Knowledgable, yet SOOoooooo NAIVE.

Please tell your darling child from me... That I once had a top of the line computer until one day I got hacked. The little %&$*&^%#$'s disabled my Anti Virus and left a little calling card that slowly but surely ate the computer from the inside out and then one day died! Missing was 29 execute files thanks to the Yahoo 32 virus. That computer is good for playing solitaire and only solitaire despite us trying to fix it.:(

Anyway today is off to a goo start as I'm finishing the weathering on the Roundhouse. Last night I wired the Yard Lighting and laid two more sidings. Today I start to ballast and set up the turnout controls, all 20:confused:

Later All

Fergie

Fergie,

Sorry you had such trouble with you computer. I just spent 3 days trying to get a virus off of my computer. Finally located a website, downloaded a trial scan (which located the virus - something the other anti-virus programs COULDN'T do!), and got the little bugger!!!! The first trial scan took over 5 HOURS!!! After quarantining the viruses (there were TWO!) and re-booting, I ran another scan. Took all of 20 MINUTES!!

I was nearly to the point of chucking this baby and setting up my brother's Viao (which sits unused on my kitchen table). The only reason for not switching was the difficulty of transferring all my info from this computer to the newer one. If I can figure out how to do that, I'll switch them, otherwise I may just pop in a wireless card and use it as a second computer. That would sure end the waiting-in-line-to-use-the-computer problem I occasionally have.

In case you're wondering, the website I found is ParetoLogic.com. I'm not recommending it outright, but it sure pull my fat out of the fire!

Darrell, breathing easier now, thank you, and quiet...for now

I use AVG for free for my antivirus never had a problem, and Ad-aware for my spyware been good too. Check em out if ya'll wanna.

Ken.

P.S I told the teenager that if I found her on any instant messaging thing or downloading stuff without me knowing she couldn't use the darn thing!! LOL

She has email and cell phone txt and three way calling on the phone what more do they need!!

Ken,
I have the same 2 programs and also have never had a problem. I highly recommend them. Teenager problems? Be like my CFO and I, be old enough that they are all married and left the depot. :D

Well heres 2 of the 3 engines I have I have 2 of the first one and working on a second of the second one. (CFO is about to hang me out to dry lol and its pouring rain ) want to run these in a lash up but will probally have to get a lionel old ZW 275 watt transformer to handle them all at once lol

Virginian234.png

3d146ce0.png

Sometimes a power outage can be a GOOD thing...

...if it's happening at your employer's site, and they end up giving you the DAY OFF WITH PAY! :cool:

So here it is, about 11:00am, and I have some extra time on my hands. First thing I'll do is go correct the things I mucked up on he layout on Monday and Tuesday evenings (see my thread about the bad track). Hope my power stays on, it's pretty ugly weather-wise here in the Mid 'Lantic. The family PC seems to be back to normal after reinstalling the Norton and the MS AntiSpyware [knocking wood].

RT - I didn't know Lionel offered different color options for the same loco, same road - facsinating! Good luck getting the third unit, you can have it sent to my address if you want to keep the CFO from finding it right away...:p :D

Have a great day everybody!

Speaking of power outages, our electric company notified us that we'll be out for up to 8 hours tomorrow. :eek: Sounds like a good day to hang out at the Mall. :D

Rex;

I just want to know where ya got the movie of me and my last computer repair!!!!

BTW Glenn has joined! So we got almost everyone here. I wonder if Mr May is online???

CJ

Hey guys My ISP have a deal going Wireless equipment and installation for $475!! I be surfn again before long!!

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken.

Hello

I can see now, I had an optomologist appointment this morning, the drive home was an adventure :D to say the least.

RT - nice looking engine but too big for my HO stuff, also too modern.

I found some photos of my CP SW9, now I can work to detail it.

BTW I found a pic of Fergie at work :) :) :)
cid_004f01c6120bed657f706501a8c0DJK.gif

Hope you all have a great day

Happy MRRing

Hummm, well I'm reading GI Jobs right now, cause yeah well I need a new job soon. Their top 25 list of military freindly employers includes: #1 Union Pacific, #23 BNSF Railway, and #25 Southwest Airlines... Among others...

Humm UP out of Colton...?

Cjcrescent said:
BTW Glenn has joined! So we got almost everyone here. I wonder if Mr May is online???

CJ, Glad to see Glenn is signed up. As for Mr May, I doubt he's into the internet. I'll ask him next time I get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back