The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! So today's [tonite's?] topic seems to be: Train-lovin' kids. I've got one, my 7yr-old daughter Stephanie. Thanks to her, I'll be reintroducing passenger service to my freight-only industrial pike - as soon as I can get over to Grampaw's and fetch an E-unit out of his crawl space.

Speaking of rain, I drove thru enough of that today while I took my teenage daughter Sarah to a town in Western PA named "Indiana". After dropping Sarah off I paid a visit to Chip (SpaceMouse) who also lives in that town. We went to his local club and he let me run my sound-equipped Altas CW40-8 to do some local switching moves, we spent over 4 hours there! Also got several photos of the club layout, I'll post them tomorrow in WPF.

CSX_road_slug said:
Speaking of rain, I drove thru enough of that today while I took my teenage daughter Sarah to a town in Western PA named "Indiana".

My sister went to College there. Now most folks would think "Indiana University" is in, well, Indiana, but it's actually in Indiana, PA.

(The real name is "Indiana University of Pennsylvania")

Morning everyone. Sabrina, cup of coffee please. Feels good to be off from work today, its the first Saturday I've had off in a while. Hope to get a lot done here in the train room. I think I'll make a run to the LHS when they open, to pick up some rolling stock.
KenL - From Cathy and me, thank you for the prayers, she is doing better today.
Take care.

Stan.

Up "early" this morning - had to start painting the railroad room. The upper half of the walls and the ceiling are now "Celestial" blue, a more or less dark sky blue.

Tonight (plans for this afternoon) I'll see about using "Blue Crystal" on the lower half, blending the two halfway up , as described in the DVD that Model Railroader put out recently.

At least I hope that's what I'll be doing.

Hey Flo another large, very very large, Rasberry Iced Tea please. Been in the attic moving my phone line that my modem connects to. Used to have a wire run around two walls to the phone jack. Now only six foot to the jack. Also been in the shop trying to get the cabinet dorrs finished for the new bath and finish varnishing the shelves for the linen cabinet. well back to work

Whew! The layout survived the week's reconstruction of our backyard shade arbor! There were potted plants and staghorns piled all over the tracks and building pads, but no harm done to the plants in the ground on the layout.

I've had little time to spend on modeling, but did finish the roof frame for the hotel. Everything is primed and ready for paint, so the end is in sight.

CSX_road_slug said:
Speaking of rain, I drove thru enough of that today while I took my teenage daughter Sarah to a town in Western PA named "Indiana". After dropping Sarah off I paid a visit to Chip (SpaceMouse) who also lives in that town. We went to his local club and he let me run my sound-equipped Altas CW40-8 to do some local switching moves, we spent over 4 hours there! Also got several photos of the club layout, I'll post them tomorrow in WPF.

Had a great time running trains and showing off the club. Four hours really? Time flies. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Great postings, everyone! Where's the musical squirrels and the big Polar bear? Kinda miss 'em! LOL

Family topics? I've got 6 grandkids, ages 1 1/2 to 17. Spencer, the 1 1/2 yr old, and his brother, Ryne, 3 yrs old, love the trains. The others could care less! (Big tears!) I built a wooden layout for Ryne and he lets Spencer play on it, too. Their Mom loves it because she doesn't have to set up trains every time they want to play!

Enjoyed hearing about everyone. Want to read some other posts, so I'll grab a Dr. Pepper to go, Sabrina.

Keep safe, everyone.

Darrell, quiet...for now

Hey Flo! How about a tall lemonade.
Wow! Alabama squeaked through this weekend. Heck of a defensive battle. Look out Volunteers...your number 7. (I hope!)

Lady Fan: G scale must be some fun work. I must admit that I am envious.

Chip/Ken: Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Claudia Hotel looking great picked up another HO set this weekeend at a yardsale will have to give it a going over and then off to EBAY with it lol. Also picked up 3 battery train sets about S scale size . 1 army , 1 christmas, and one just a regular theme. Have to get batteries and check them out and then there on there way to EBAY . And still more stuff to go threw got took on a tv/vcr in one the vcr doesn't work and that was main reason wanted it. oh well win some lose some. hope they can sleep well tonight knowing as I made the stapement I needed the vcr for recording . So they knew it when they sold it . thats life those I can't do that .

Good morning everyone!

Flo, I'm hungry. How bout 3 eggs scrambled well, bacon, hashbrowns and whole wheat toast. And a large coffee please.

Well today should be fun, LGM and I are going to the trainshow this afternoon! :)

Good morning all, Flo, coffee please.
I went to the LHS yesterday, walked in and there they sat on the shelf. The lionel six car passenger set [ Southern ] O scale, that I've been wanting. Yes, I bought them. When I got home, showed them to the CFO and told her how much I gave for them. She smiled and said thats great ! Now we can go get the video cam I wanted, so now you know the" rest " of the story.
Have a great day.

Stan.

BMRR said:
Good morning all, Flo, coffee please.
I went to the LHS yesterday, walked in and there they sat on the shelf. The lionel six car passenger set [ Southern ] O scale, that I've been wanting. Yes, I bought them. When I got home, showed them to the CFO and told her how much I gave for them. She smiled and said thats great ! Now we can go get the video cam I wanted, so now you know the" rest " of the story.
Have a great day.

Stan.

Great, now you can video the new trains! :D

Chip, sure, if LGM will ever get ready to go. He's been out in the side yard cooking breakfast over a campfire he built... He's eating now, but smells like a bonfire. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning all! Flo, how about a cup of Joe to start...leave the pot. Man, I am worn out after all the arm chair quarterbacking. Sorry Penn State, ND, fans. You almost had them.

Stan, I am always happpy to hear about a well balanced relationship:D. I may run into the same thing by taking my CFO to the train show this afternoon.:(

Grande man, have you ever seen the Wrecking Crew's (club) layout? If not, you are in for a treat today.

grande man said:
Chip, sure, if LGM will ever get ready to go. He's been out in the side yard cooking breakfast over a campfire he built... He's eating now, but smells like a bonfire. :D

In return, I'll paint on of your structures black.

Hey guys n' gals (Who's on this morning, Flo or Sabrina? In any case I'll have the Sunday brunch all-U-can-eat buffet...)

I'm ready to head back out for another long day on the road. No wireless internet there, although it probably isn't a good idea to post messages from behind the wheel doing 70mph on the PA turnpike anyway! :p

LadyRail, that hotel of yours is looking fantastic! My sister once dabbled in assembling and painting dollhouse kits - they looked to be about right for G scale - but she lost interest after her divorce. :( I wish she'd go back to it, she's severely bipolar and a hobby would do her much good.

Rex - you're probably at the train show now [along with GrandeMan] but anyway, I posted two new sets of pics yesterday - the coke machines and those of Chip's MRR club layout, if you're interested.

Stan - glad your day at the train show yesterday was a 'fruitful' one! ;) I'm sure RT will be eagerly awaiting your video clips of the Southern Lionel stuff you bought.

CJ - Sorry to hear about the missus, hope she feels better soon...

Eric - I'm still laughing at the captions on your photos of the cops with their coffee and doughnuts. Be sure to tell us the sequel :D

Darrel - It's great that your older grandson is willing to share the layout with his younger brother, I wish my kids could play together like that...

*Diehard Steelers and PSU fan walks into Coffee Shop with steam spewing out of ears* :mad:

C'mon, both Pittsburgh and PSU lost on last second plays (Though Pittsburgh actually lost in OT)! I'm dissapointed with the PGH offense, they coulda done ALOT better (Of course, Ward and Roethlisbergr were injured previously). Both games were very exciting though (And so were the Northwestern/Purdue and USC/Notre Dame games), I'll have to look for them as "Instant Classics" on ESPN Classic, I'm sure at least one of them will make in on. :D

Anyway, I was able to go out railfanning, though the weather was terrible and I didn't make out too great with train traffic.

With the luck I'm having today, better not run anything on the layout. I don't want to run my engines into the concrete floor. ;)

Oh, and a pizza for me please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back