The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:) Rex, I think Josh refers to the dreaded Software Gremlins! I just finished a project using software that I believe was designed with its sole purpose to make me give up computers completely and permanently!

Ray, we'll still be able to read the original Coffee Shop thread --- it will just be closed for posting.

Sunday Gardeners, we gave up our lawn many years ago during one of the drought / big-time conservation cycles, and I must say The Husband has never looked back. Every few months we hit the weeds with Roundup, and get out the trusty Hula Hoe in between. (You can see here that we've done neither in a while!) View attachment 3304 Works for us. ;)

:D Yeah, Josh. That's EXACTLY what I meant. I was using the desktop computer though, and it's too heavy for me to do that --- although I was sorely tempted on MANY occasions. :D

Claudia, I knew that this thread would not be deleted, I was just wondering whether it would be just locked and allowed to slowly slide to the back page of oblivion..... Or locked and put in as a sticky and stay at the top. Doesn't really make a whole lot of difference to me as I don't often go back more than 2 or 3 pages anyway. BTW, I would be glad to lend you a 4 lb. maul to "fix" your computer if you need it.....:p :D

OK, time to do some Model Railroading. I spent most of the afternoon weeding Morning Glory out of my Asparagus bed. Some people actually plant the stuff as flowers...?????? My sister is one! She can't understand why I don't let it grow (and kill my asparagus), it's such a pretty flower. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Coffee Shop dwellers! Had a windy and rainy weekend...ideal for inside modeling. I managed to post a few extention progress pixs on the WPF. They don't tell much, but hopefully I will have some better photos soon.

Josh: Now I understand completely. That's why they don't allow hammers near computers.:D :D BTW: Nice site. Wish I had something intelligent enough to post on there:confused:

Claudia: With a beautiful place like your photo...who needs grass!

Nice work Rex I'm at the same stage, but alot more mess!!

Claudianice pic looks very tropical!!

Josh I've lost a Win98 CD registration key. Can I find another somewhere, does it have to match the CD?

Ray I saw your pics in the WPF looks great.

Ken.

NZRMac said:
Josh I've lost a Win98 CD registration key. Can I find another somewhere, does it have to match the CD?
It shouldn't have to match, try Googling it, although it is technicaly Illegal.

jbaakko said:
It shouldn't have to match, try Googling it, although it is technicaly Illegal.

Yeah done that thousands of sites and heaps of numbers I've tried but none activate correctly.

I shall keep banging my head on the wall!!

Ken.

Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

coffeepot_cups.png

Diner.png

Mornin' Bill!

I'm going to have a busy day today. Got to go finish cutting up a maple tree that I have been working on once in a while since last fall. Huge tree, came down in a storm last year. Then late this afternoon I get to sit on a committee (vice president) and interview about 6 finalists for the annual Martin Luther King Scholarship Awards. Always fun to give away (other peoples) money. We have fantastic kids to interview this year so it should be fun.

See ya later!

Ray sure wished I lived closer. I would gladly help you cut up that maple tree. I am into bowl making on my wood lathe. My bro Joe just gave me 13 blamks to make some bowls. 6 Ash and 6 Elm and a nice big platter size cherry blank. Maple makes really fine looking bowls and furniture.

Good evening crew!

All is quiet here weatherwise in the Mid-Atlantic, at last until tomorrow night [it had better be dry, I'm renting a tiller on Tuesday afternoon for my wife's garden...!]

As you may have read in my posts elsewhere, I've been dabbling in 'wet' scenery and getting fair-to-midland results. I might even end up ripping all the water out and using EnviroTex instead of the WS stuff that I poured this creek with :rolleyes: .

Claudia I'm looking for those pix of yours that people here are raving about, can't seem to find them...?

Time to go pick up Daughter #2 from her art lesson, adios!

CSX_road_slug said:
Claudia I'm looking for those pix of yours that people here are raving about, can't seem to find them...?
Hmmm. Neither can I, but thanks for your interest. :D I will have some new pics to post within the next few weeks, though.

Good Evening Campers

just thought I'd drop in before beddy bye. Rough day as my guts want to implode, musta picked up a stomach bug as I can't stray from the head too far. Sorry TMI for some and I remember quite a stir it created in the MR forum I think Bergie had to shut down that thread. Anyway All is well as I'll be doing the LHS tomorrow as well as the Railway museum. Looks promising!

Modeling is going S-L-O-W-w-w. I've been working on the coal tower and have rigged three lights, two additional catwalks, a third coal chute and should be able to start painting/weathering in a couple of days. You wouldn't know it was the walthers kit by the time I'm through.

The weather hs been excellent so far so I've been able to get biking and have done 72Km in four nights. Tonight was a "Down" night for obvious reasons.

Well later all

Fergie

Interesting week, I was a witness in a court case against my old boss, he pleaded guilty yesterday so I didn't have to go. Charged today and fined. Feels nice cause I was one of the guys who had to do the dirty work and over charge customers.

Load off my mind!!

here's the link http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411749/709593

Ken.

Morning y'all!

Just a cup of black coffee this morning, Mabel, please.
Traffic was terrible on the Interstate highway last night and this morning.
135,000 NASCAR fans in trucks hauling trailers, and recreation vehicles on the road following yesterday's Talledega race. Looked like half the traffic was race fans headed west through Birmingham.
Should be some way to disburse those people by train to reduce the lines at the gas pumps this morning. I live about 20 miles from the Talledega track and we get a few people moving through on race weekends.
I got to see CJ Crescent at train club last evening. Good to see him up and about... although he is not any prettier than the last time I saw him.
Thanks for the coffee, Mabel, and y'all have a good day.

Mornin' Bill!

Ken, love it when justice is served! Hope the entire issue doesn't affect your job negatively. There is way too much of that knid of stuff going around with businesses. Unfortunately it has a way of hurting good, honest businesses. That is one reason I tend to buy locally from people that I know and trust.

PNKFLOYD, gee if we brought people to events in trains, it would hurt the profit margin of the big oil companies...... Can't have that now can we...? I have lived through several days long traffic jambs when I lived in Wavery, NY (prior to NY 17 being completed) and the races were on in Watkins Glen. People would knock on doors and beg to use the bathrooms as they had been sitting in traffic for hours with no place to go. We couldn't get out the driveway for days. Then it all reversed for for a couple days. Pain!

I went to Rochester yesterday to pick up a Firewire Card for my Mackie Onyx mixer so I can start using the Mac G5 for final mixing and production of CDs. On the way home I stopped at Lowes and got a table saw they had on sale for less than $100. Time will tell whether it was a deal or not..... It did reinforce why I avoid "Big Box" stores. Took over a half hour for a clerk I finally cornered to find someone who actually worked in the tool department. Twenty minutes worth of discussion after that he disappeared to get the saw for me. After another 10 minutes someone else appeared with the saw. He of course couldn't answer any questions I had about the saw other than to say he thinks it IS a table saw and should all be there...??? Love those places.......

Have a great day all! I will be finishing an order for a customer and will not get to play trains till late today (if at all).

OH NO!!!! Now I did it. This was post # 2000. Now everyone will blame me for the start of the new thread! Aaaarrgggghhhhh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back