The BLI "C-16" As It Relates to 55n3

hminky

We have a webpage on the Broadway Limited On30 "C-16" being adapted to 55n3 at:

http://www.55n3.org/locomotives/c-16/

c-16.jpg

Thank you if you visit
Harold

Am I to understand that some guys are building to 1:55 scale just so they can use std HO track for 36 inch NG? This seems a very backwards path to me.

Steve

Some folks like building rolling stock, where others hate it, preferring to hand-lay track. Others might have beautifully scaled buildings with tin-plate trains running between them.

I chose On2 1/2 because my eyes are no longer good enough for HO. I compromised. I originally wanted to hand-lay all my track, but considered the time required could be better spent on the scenery.

Doesn't it all come down to having fun?

I understand about the love of building but why not build to a standard scale? 1/4 inch scale (1:48) is a very easy scale to figure and build in. To convert to 1:55 scale seems questionable. The question still remains unanswered. Are people building to 1:55 scale? On30 is just 30inch narrow gauge. It's still 1/4 inch scale. I'm questioning what the 55n3 stands for.

Steve

I understand about the love of building but why not build to a standard scale? 1/4 inch scale (1:48) is a very easy scale to figure and build in. To convert to 1:55 scale seems questionable. The question still remains unanswered. Are people building to 1:55 scale? On30 is just 30inch narrow gauge. It's still 1/4 inch scale. I'm questioning what the 55n3 stands for.

Steve

Do you guys ever visit the site? It is all explained.

They have been building to Scale55(1/55, 5.5mm/ft) in the UK since the early 1960's.

That is why I hated writing for the Model Train hobby everyone is incapable of reading.

Thanks for not visiting the website
Harold

Harold, it's not just the hobby. Try working in retail..... more than half the people don't read the signs.

Do you guys ever visit the site?

I have- many times. I love the detailed explanations.

While I do not model in this scale, it's still great information that I can use for my modeling inspiration.

I hope the other reply was not trolling. There are enough rivet counters around.

Thanks for your posts, Harold. Rest assured that they are appreciated.

Back