The Beginning

bwells

I hope this is the right area for this thread. I'm not showin' off, trust me.
I took a few photos of a section for my layout while it was on it's side. It made doing the wiring and installing switch machines a lot easier. I have finished the wiring and it is ready to go back on it's feet once I get a buddy here. This section is a peninsula in the center of an "O". This is the first time I've posted pics so I hope it works!

Hey! That looks pretty good! Nice and neat wiring.
Wanna come wire up mine??!! ;-p

Carmine, modeling the HO Scale Pacific Belt RR since 1975!

In the first picture, is that big capacitor for a Cap discharge sytem? If so do you think you could post the circuit?

People who wire their railroads this neat, I've always felt they should be taken outside and shot for making the rest of us look so bad!:D;):eek:

Really great work!

c.d. circuit

Yep, a capacitor discharge circuit that I don't think made any difference over plain old 16 volt AC. I did circuit "B" but did not notice any difference with or without it. r=220 Ohm 1/2 watt, trans MJE3055, diode 1n5400, and cap 2200uf, love the size of that cap! I used it as the base. Edit: Forgot to add that this is a DC circuit that I run from my fixed DC lugs on my transformer which measure at 22.5 volts, seems a bit high to me. I may go back to the AC lugs (16 volts) and delete the circuit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back