The “Give Tony Grief” Thread

So, have gotten the new Curved Turnout in place as well as some of the trackwork "positioned" ready to be soldered in:

tky6psF.jpg

s3lpn72.jpg

And the other end:

f3DP0BA.jpg

One of the good things about taking some time away from a layout build and sitting back and just looking at what is happening is you get to see where things need to be done and how those things can be done. One of the things I noted was what to use for the Sub Road Bed. I went from 1/2" Ply to 1" Foam and back again, well, today I went out and bout 4 sheets of 2' X 4' 1/4" ply that will be used for the sub road bed. It is thin enough to be pliable and easily cut to shape BUT also will be strong enough to support a bit of cork, track and a passing train -especially when the track will support that train with it (the physical track) being supported :) All I have to do now is replace my "dead" jig saw :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The other thing I looked at was my Control Panel and came to the conclusion that what I had made was just not practical or efficient. Something I am sure some of you guys wanted to tell me :)

Therefore, I have built, or am building, another Panel 2' long by 4" wide that will be hold my Turnout Switches and Lights as well as my Building and Street Lighting:

CxPszj7.jpg

Yes, it is being made out of Basswood. I will need to "brace where the switches will go through though with larger washers so the bass doesn't compress. Either that or run a length of styrene done the length of of it all ??? Something to consider. The basswood will be easy to mount BUT the styrene will provide strength ... thoughts anyone???

Hey look at that, I made it through a post without a single sarcastic comment or joke - I must be slipping o_O :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :D

Hell, I'm having trouble trying to figure it out as it is 😂 😂 😂

But okay - I'll give a try and see if I understand you correctly - the Red Dots/Circles are where the Switches for the Building Lighting and Street Lighting are going to go. I thought I'd keep it balanced and have some "spares" incase I get real enthused about it all :)

The Blue Dots/Circles on the "Track Plan are where the Switches for the Active Track LED's are going to go and the little Green Dots/Circles are the LED's.

If that hasn't answered your question, concern, query then I think one of us has too many switches to figure out 😂😂😂

Hmm okay - I have just caught on, the Switches for the PL11's - hmm, ahh yeah - hmm ... bummer! :(

Okay so I may have to wire up the Active Track LED;'s to the PL11's - oh god, this is going to get complicated :( ............................

Last edited:
Hell, I'm having trouble trying to figure it out as it is 😂 😂 😂

But okay - I'll give a try and see if I understand you correctly - the Red Dots/Circles are where the Switches for the Building Lighting and Street Lighting are going to go. I thought I'd keep it balanced and have some "spares" incase I get real enthused about it all :)

The Blue Dots/Circles on the "Track Plan are where the Switches for the Active Track LED's are going to go and the little Green Dots/Circles are the LED's.

If that hasn't answered your question, concern, query then I think one of us has too many switches to figure out 😂😂😂

Hmm okay - I have just caught on, the Switches for the PL11's - hmm, ahh yeah - hmm ... bummer! :(

Okay so I may have to wire up the Active Track LED;'s to the PL11's - oh god, this is going to get complicated :( ............................
Remind me again, what's the name of this thread :D
k,

I like it so far ............. but I'll still need the switches to operate the PL11's so they change the points wont I??
Tony I got the 751D's to work just fine with the PL11's Just need to make a couple final adjustments and will be sending them your way
The 751D's contol the switch points and the led's at same time
Just waiting on one smalll part from amazon and they will be ready I needed 6 but only had one

I forgot picture of one

Attachments

• DSC_0569.JPG
    DSC_0569.JPG
    290.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Tony I got the 751D's to work just fine with the PL11's Just need to make a couple final adjustments and will be sending them your way
The 751D's contol the switch points and the led's at same time
Just waiting on one smalll part from amazon and they will be ready I needed 6 but only had one

I forgot picture of one
Do you think Tony knows he only needs 4 switches to operates all 8 LED's, and should we tell him ? :D

Do you think Tony knows he only needs 4 switches to operates all 8 LED's, and should we tell him ? :D
Chris now you just trying to confuse someone (not mentioning any names) when he gets these 751D's he just need one per each switch
All he has to do is connect power (encluded) connect wires to PL11 and wires to led's These will be on a terminal block simple as can be I hope

Chris now you just trying to confuse someone (not mentioning any names) when he gets these 751D's he just need one per each switch
All he has to do is connect power (encluded) connect wires to PL11 and wires to led's These will be on a terminal block simple as can be I hope
I don't know these switches, so am I correct you can wire up two dwarf signals to each switch ?

Last edited:
Chris yes anything with a led this can be used with It lights up one or the other depending how the toggle is thrown It can light more then one on each connection lower part see the three connections marked led and at the top left and right 1000 ohm resisters those can be changed to suit whatever He uses that same pc board for his 751K single coil has a few more parts
Her's how I get them fun time

Attachments

• DSC_0572.JPG
    DSC_0572.JPG
    311.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 751D10K.jpg
    751D10K.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 39

Back