TCS Decoders

Davidfd85

Is anyone using TCS decoders? Can you tell me about them, are they good, bad, ugly ?

I hope they are pretty good because I just ordered two of them for my first time install of decoders. I was looking at NCE but the shop I ordered them from told me the TCS are better for slow speed control and just all round performance.

Hope he was telling me right.

Thanks
David.

I've used Digitrax and TCS decoders in all of my 13 N scale locos. I will no longer buy Digitrax decoders. ALL of my future decoders will be TCS exclusively. The slow speed control with them is top notch! They have been easy to install and that includes four CN-GP's that require cutting and soldering to fit them in locos that were not DCC ready. I would recommend them to anyone who is interested in DCC decoders. I do have a Digitrax Zephyr Xtra system that I am happy with but their decoders are not as smooth as TCS for low speed control.

I have over 50 TCS decoders on my own layout and they work really well. Programming them couldn't be easier (compared to some others). For motor control, I would place them right behind ESU's LokPilot decoders .... nothing has better motor motor control than ESU products.

Mark.

Well I got my decoders in the mail yesterday and installed them today. It was really easy on both my Dash-8 and CF7. I used my NCE to program them, nothing fancy just basic programming, and it was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Soon I guess I'll try to do a bit more fancy programming and speed matching. I'll let you know how that goes then.

Thanks
David

Back