TCS decoders

gouda

Any comments about decoders from this company? Good, bad or otherwise. They have been good about answering my questions, but I have not seen anything in this or other forums related to their products. Just curious.

I found that the A6X is a great board for the early genesis units that had no dcc plugs on them as it repllaced the motor board.. That decoder has the built in resistors for the 1.5v bulbs as well as leds as well as 6 functions.:cool:

I have used them and had no trouble. The company was started by some guys who left Digitrax. The have some nice products though a little more expensive than Digitrax or NCE.

I have purchased a few via eBay, and one directly from them. The one that shipped direct was slow (took a week or two to send it out, and seemed a bit surprised when I called and asked for shipping/tracking info after it hadn't gone out). Very nice on the phone & quick to send once I inquired, though.

No issues with running them on the layout, and the install photos on their site can be very helpful.

I have purchased a few via eBay, and one directly from them. The one that shipped direct was slow (took a week or two to send it out, and seemed a bit surprised when I called and asked for shipping/tracking info after it hadn't gone out). Very nice on the phone & quick to send once I inquired, though.

No issues with running them on the layout, and the install photos on their site can be very helpful.

Sort of echoes my experience. I didn't like the lack of furnishing the shipping cost, but they did respond when I asked. Not sure how long it would have taken if I didn't ask.

Another factor that no one has mentioned is the one-year, goof-proof warranty offered by TCS. They will repair or replace a decoder even if it is damaged due to your own negligence.

- Jeff

I have one installed in an N scale Atlas GP-7. Very simple to do and it runs fantastically slow and very quiet. The momentum feature is unbelievably good. Also, the "goof proof" warranty was a big factor in my decision as this was my first installation.

Also have Digitrax that I'm very happy with as well. At this time, none of my locos get run on a regular basis because I'm still waiting to start a new layout this fall. If they continue to perform as they do now, I would not hesitate to buy either one again.

Back