Tank Car Puzzle

rogirby

At a recent "toy fair" I picked up a single dome tank car without original box. I have been trying to identify what I have actually got but Google is of no help so I am turning to a wider community to see if anyone can identify it.
The model scales out at 38feet long. The trucks are marked Accurail but can't find any evidence of an Accurail tank car so maybe they are an upgrade by a previous owner. The running number is MPCX1035 for Magnolia Petroleum. Athearn sold a Magnolia tank car but the dome has three valves and there are only two on the model. Bachmann used a two valve dome but of with a different hatch design.
I would be pleased to hear from anyone with any other ideas. I've (hopefully)attached some photos.

Attachments

• IMG_4327.JPG
    IMG_4327.JPG
    451.4 KB · Views: 140
  • Copy of IMG_4328.JPG
    Copy of IMG_4328.JPG
    538.5 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_4329.JPG
    IMG_4329.JPG
    354.2 KB · Views: 143
Thanks Kevin, that's great.
I had looked on the but couldn't find a Magnolia tank. I guess it must be out of production for a few years.

I have a very similar tank car, with some differences. This one is an Athearn blue box I bought a few weeks ago. The box reads "01586 SD Tank Car Magnolia".

image.jpg

It is remarkable how a Red Caboose model turns up at a sale in the North of England. I can't remember any UK stockists.
Still given only two stirrup steps and one tank securing strap to be replaced the equivalent of $6.50 seems a good deal compared to current new price of $36!

Back