Tangent Scale Models ?

Tangent has made two nice cars in their two years of existence. I'm not sure I'm willing to pay $43 for a covered hopper but they are well made and highly detailed. I'm not sure how you come out with one car a year and hope to be a long term success.

Tangent has made two nice cars in their two years of existence. I'm not sure I'm willing to pay $43 for a covered hopper but they are well made and highly detailed. I'm not sure how you come out with one car a year and hope to be a long term success.

The undecorated kits are half the price. However, they sell like hotcakes whenever a new run becomes available, so you've got to watch for them.

From the sound of it, they've done very well with their method of designing and releasing new models.

- Chris

Not bad after looking at there site. Not sure about the 469.00 for a 12 pack..... might have to wait till i retire for that much dedication.

You know the "worst" part? The Tangent models are tooled by Chris Clune, the co-owner for ExactRail.

I've viewed them in person (though do not own one) and they are some of the BEST models I've ever seen. They're the same detail range as Genesis, and ExactRail's woodchip gondola. They're more expensive due to the lower production runs ans a smaller company.

Ah, you keep your day job that's how. If Tangent were cranking out cars at the rate that other manufacturers do, I wouldn't be able to keep up with them. It's hard enough to keep up with releases now, even though I've narrowed my focus. Finally freight car manufacturers are beginning to acknowledge the 1960s and 70s, and they are going to keep me busy for quite a while I think.

Tangent's tool maker is the same as Exactrail's, but ER has already announced 5 HO freight cars in the space of a few months, released 3 of them already... plus N scale. Fortunately I don't need large quantities of all of them.

Andy

so has anyone purchased any of these Exact Rail cars. The have some nice Hi-cube TTX cars coming out in mid-July at Genesis pricing and according to there web site it looks like you can buy direct.

Tangent does look nice but the $ is too much IMO

Back