Tag axle dump trailer

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

CambriaArea51

Problem with buying stuff is everyone else has the same.I like to add/change to make it my own.You can buy 3 axle dumps now but normally the tag is single wheeled.In the world of I don't toss little parts out I use the leftover of a kadee couplers package to use as axle hangers.I can cut them to make tag up or tag down.
The 2 tractors in the pic I painted the tank straps and add the oil tank for the hydro lift.One side mount one rear mount. Blue truck is tag up red is down.Also the landing gear is changed.The Athearn container trailers come with the option of the gear up or down.They fit nice on the Herpa trailers.
IMG_2338.jpg
IMG_2337.jpg
IMG_2336.jpg
IMG_2335.jpg

Nice
Lee Town made a pretty good way of lifting the 3rd axle it was slotted you just lift the axle up and move it forward a little and drop it in the slot now it’s up pretty good idea for back in the early 80s

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com