Sunday June 4 the spring train meet at hamburg PA

So, I made it to the show in Hamburg, PA, today. It was well attended, especially in the morning and required patience to make your way through the crowd. There were, as advertised, close to 300 tables. A few were empty but for the most part the tables were full. I would guess between half and two-thirds of the tables were Lionel (no surprise there) and the balance mostly HO, N and a smattering of others. Some vehicles, as well.
I was able to snag 5 freight cars. Nothing spectacular, but ones that called to me. The last one I found, was part of a nice sized display, that gave me the impression that these cars were the gems of the show. I'm talking probable 50-100 pieces of rolling stock. Painted, Kadees and metal wheels. Turns out they were all from his private collection, he is not a dealer and it was the first time he has ever sold any of his stuff. Apparently, in the past, he professionally did painting, weathering and detailing. Pat me on the back. What a find! I don't need to worry about the quality of his work, I just saw tons of it. That being said, I am not giving his information publicly, until I speak to him. No pics of my purchases, as yet. I am going to bed early because I will be fishing the next two or three days. Glenn

Back