Stripped Hole - What Should I Do?

Stripped hole

Wow!!! We sure have got a lot of miles out of this thread.
Some great and some not so great ideas.
My idea about using plumbers Teflon tape, never tried it myself but I thought it sounded pretty good.
The threaded brass insert?? yes it is a bit over engineered, but what the heck? it works and talking about this stuff is a lot of fun.
Lets keep it going guys.
Mac

I've been busy lately and haven't been able to attempt any fixes yet, but I will give the sprue method a try before I break out the putty. (I went to Home Depot and asked if they had Pem Nuts and the guy looked at me like I had two heads)

(I went to Home Depot and asked if they had Pem Nuts and the guy looked at me like I had two heads)

Yeah, I would have expected that response! Technically you could ask for threaded brass inserts, but the reaction would be the same...they're more likely a McMaster-Carr item. PemNut is a proprietary name like Xerox is for photocopy.

I described it to the guy and he showed me some for wood, but they were all too large.

The ones they had were the ones where you drill a pilot hole, hammer the thing into the wall, then put the screw into the thing to hang pictures or to secure bookshelves.

Back