Still Learning About Lionel Alco's Got Something "New To Me" In Syracuse

afleetcommand

I've been learning about the ALCO lineage from Lionel this last year or so, I'm re-engaging after a 50 year hiatus! Have the early die cast frames ones from the fifties, the stamped steel framed ones from the 60's with "pull mores". AND a few from the MPC era with Pull Mores & Traction ( rubber band wrapped ) tires. Acquired a later Lionel with two can motors....a good runner but specious at best quality. AND it sits a little higher because of those can motor powered trucks. And then this week end I found one at the syracuse train fair. Have now seen one like this. A stamped frame with a Pull More at the front of the ALCO vs. the rear. Has Magnatraction Diameter copper colored axils with a traction tire as well. AND I bought a Lionel catalogue from 1992 and it has a die cast frame alco? So does this mean there were further "'evolutions" of Alco's past the can motored one? I'll prolly try to buy samples if so and do another ALCO evolution video once I can find samples from the late 1940's until now.

Back