Starting back up!

GM&O Fan

Hi gang! My name is Pat. I'm 43 and just getting back into the hobby after a number of years away. I started model railroading when I was 7 or 8 (thanks Dad) and have always had a huge affection for trains. My late Grandpa(Pop) was a locomotive engineer for Frisco/BN and retired with around 40 years of service dating back to the steam era. I have built several small 4X8 type layouts through the years. Even though I've been away from layouts or operating, I have still been collecting new locos and rolling stock along the way.

I'm now preparing to build a room size layout in a spare room with the help of my wonderful wife of 23 years. I will be needing your help :) . I'm going DCC and have been doing tons of reading.. Well enough for now. I'm glad to be here!

Pat, where exactly do you live in LA? My wife's from Mobile and I went to college there, and after graduation we spent until '89 there.

Glad to see another giving in to the model railroad bug! This is a great site to get back in the swing of things with a lot of great folks.

Pat, where exactly do you live in LA? My wife's from Mobile and I went to college there, and after graduation we spent until '89 there.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Carey,

I'm in the Mobile area. Born and raised in Mobile County. Grew up in Saraland and I'm near the Semmes area these days.
Great to see some more folks from the "Heart of Dixie"!

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Carey,

I'm in the Mobile area. Born and raised in Mobile County. Grew up in Saraland and I'm near the Semmes area these days.
Great to see some more folks from the "Heart of Dixie"!

Excellent! We come to Mobile 3-4 times a year to visit with family we still have there. Next time down we may have to get together!

Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you're able to dedicate some space now to a layout.

Welcome aboard Pat,
It's a great hobby as you well know and this a great group of guys and a few ladies too.

See you around.

Welcome aboard Pat. I am 43 as well and just got back into the hobby a couple months ago. Hope to see some of your work and share in relearning this hobby again with you.

Back