Start of an era

TRAINNUT

My very first custom locomotive project has started today, It’s a Bachmann shell. it’s going to be a U30B but right now it’s a U33B. I’m going to have to cut down the Radiator grills.
81BC69EB-AB7D-460C-8D65-A0CE87AFDEEB.jpeg

1711733891140.jpeg

This is the hope of what it looks like in the end.

Adding on to the current thread preparations are already in motion
2235D8E2-406C-4B3D-A4B7-23225061FC47.jpeg

As you can see radiator grills are cut down and hopefully the new cab will get here soon, for now it will be a lot more sanding, drilling, fabrication, and filling holes😀 More Updates are coming soon

Question do you think that an Atlas U23B chassis would fit on this Bachmann model? I’ve heard that most chassis do but then again better safe than sorry

Question do you think that an Atlas U23B chassis would fit on this Bachmann model? I’ve heard that most chassis do but then again better safe than sorry
It might, but you would have to do some cutting and splicing. I don't know about you, but I've Bachmann makes it quite difficult to make some of their products compatible with other brands.

It might, but you would have to do some cutting and splicing. I don't know about you, but I've Bachmann makes it quite difficult to make some of their products compatible with other brands.
I don’t mind cutting Its and older shell and I think It might work thanks for the input, I’m going to check if A Proto chassis fits on a bachmann shell for reference

Back