Southern #4501 Documentary Project

napa15

I am the Executive Producer on a documentary project that will detail the history of the Southern (Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum) #4501 2-8-2 Light Mikado steam engine, and the men and women who have cared for and restored her to operating service over the years. The documentary is titled, "And Then There Was One". We have been working on the documentary, gathering archive material and footage, since last year. We are working diligently to have the full documentary completed by the fall, but that is fluid. In addition, this documentary will be a FREE product, available on our Youtube channel.

If you are interested, please visit our Youtube channel and Facebook page to view the 3 "preview" videos we have posted to date. Our recent video was posted just this weekend and pertains to the first mainline run for the #4501 in nearly 21 years.

Please enjoy - AND SHARE!!

Youtube Channel

Facebook Page

THANK YOU!

Chuck Chambliss
Executive Producer
"And Then There Was One"

Thanks for the video. I love to see steam operating. I can remember them vividly growing up and was lucky enough to have ridden on a few. I also visit live steam railroads whenever we are on the area of one. Again, thanks

I'm sure this is not only time consuming, but also funds-consuming, as well. I looked around, and didn't see any obvious place for anybody that wanted to throw handfuls of cash at you to be able to do so.

@bnsf971 - I have to say I am pretty confused as to what you're trying to say in your post. Not sure at all what "handfuls of cash" has to do with me sharing information about an upcoming free documentary about a prototype steam engine.

@bnsf971 - I have to say I am pretty confused as to what you're trying to say in your post. Not sure at all what "handfuls of cash" has to do with me sharing information about an upcoming free documentary about a prototype steam engine.
Absolutely nothing, except I was wondering if, since the movie will be provided free, and it costs money to make a production like this, if you accept donations for the project.

Occasionally I forget that not everyone shares my sense of humor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand now. :) In fact, we do not accept donations for the project. Myself and the other people involved with this documentary project are all doing it out of our own pocket. At this point there really haven't been too many big expenses. Our desire is to offer the product to everyone for free. There is a very good possibility that the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum will be eventually sell the documentary on a DVD in their gift shop, with those proceeds obviously going to the museum. If this scenario occurs, we will turn over the items needed to them for DVD reproduction, for free.

We simply have a very strong connection with this particular steam engine and its history, as well as the other steam engines at TVRM.

Chuck

I'll be looking forward to this documentary. Being a big fan of steam, I have had the opportunity to have also ridden on the Union Pacific steam trains a number of times being that Cheyenne isn't too far from me. I have talked to the volunteers working on their locomotives and you can easily see the dedication that the workers have for their work. They have quite a passion for their work.

You seem to have a lot of dedication for this project and I am looking forward to seeing this documentary.

Yes, I am amazed at the dedication of many of these volunteers, regardless of which restoration project they work on. I know there are many who even live out of the state where they come to volunteer, and spend much money out of their own pockets in order to preserve the history we enjoy so much.

Oh, and I lived in Cheyenne for a few years in the late 90s. I REALLY love Wyoming and Colorado. :)

Nice video! Only suggestion I would make would be to turn down the background music during the interviews. It made them hard to hear.........at least for these 60 year old ears.

Thank you for the suggestion Bob. I will make sure to pay even more attention to the audio mixing on future video releases. It's good to have feedback like this, because what may sound good to my ear may not sound good to another. :)

Back