Sound for a gold box P2K GP 18

lmackattack

old school
Hi all

I have 7 gold Box proto2000 GP18s. I would like to up grade some to Sound. Currently they all been wired for DCC decoders but none have sound as fitment may be an issue. 5 of them are high hoods 2 are low hoods. all are powered.

any one have a opinion on a decoder thats fitment will work or will I have to shave the weights down?

The Digitrax soundbug may be an option. Check it out at http://www.digitrax.com/soundbug.php/. You many be able to fit the Soundbug in under the roof of the shell with some careful planning, although you still may have to make few holes in the weight for the capacitor and speaker.

Take a look at the QSI Quantum Revolution on the QSI site and see if the have a match for your units. They are small and come with a speaker...although pricey, they may work well, but you still will have to do some shaving/trimming as CJ suggested or figure out a place for it. Don't forget: there is space in the cab ;). I bought mine from Tonys.

Soundtraxx Tsunami TSU-1000 will fit. I am not sure if it comes with a harness that has an 8 pin plug on it, but if it doesn't it's not difficult to swap the harness out.

Back