soooo whos got snow already

Let me guess, no snow in Florida? We had a couple of small/short snow storms over a month ago. Since then its been really nice.

I used to hate the snow, driving in it, etc. Now I love the snow. I want snow dangit. Somehow it brings out the MRR mood too.

A few flurries twice already here (Ohio), but we've also had very warm days lately. It was in the 60s, near 70 this past week.

The wind was howling today though when I was working in the yard, so winter is on the way.

P&LE

No snow in northern Virginia, yet. Ask me again next week. I went out to ride with the guys this morning. It was 27 degrees when I left the house. I think that makes it about -40 degrees or so at 70 MPH.

We just got our first dump today. Hopefully it won't stay, but it is starting to get colder. Nowhere near what it will be in January and February. Last year I was working outside in -40c with a windchill of -52c. That's -62F. So cold exposed skin freezes in less than a minute. They are calling for a longer colder winter this year, so I'm really hoping they are wrong. Thankfully we only get a few days like this each winter.

None here at my level in the Highlands of Scotland, But the Ben Wyvis to the South west of me has a good covering - and further south in the Cairngorms they have enough to open skiiing runs yesterday - very early in the year

We had a little bit of snow in northern Illinois the week before last but none stuck in the area where I was working, it just all melted and made a mess. Some parts of Iowa had enough to stick until the next day and even caused some power outages. This week's forecast is for lows in the teens and a chance of light snow.................hate the thought of it!!! Working outside is great in the summer..............the winter time is a totally different story!!!!!! Down home is supposed to be a little warmer but not by much.

my son up in NH said they got adusting but if things hold.true they never get any major. till after xmas

Last edited by a moderator:
Some snow along the Front Range of the Colorado Rockies (couple of inches two weeks ago) but it melts off the next day or so. Has been in the low to mid-60's. Of course, there has been more up in the high country, above 6,000-9,000 ft MSL. Ski resorts have opened, though in some cases they are making snow. May be another front coming through tomorrow or Tuesday.
At the ski resort on the Grashhook, Galesburg & Western Division of the C.B.&Q., c. 1952, there is always enough for the 1/87th skiers to ski (if they don't mind skiing on plaster). Haven't had to call out the rotary plow yet to clear Gunsight Pass. So far no problem for the two-car ski/tourist train pulled by the Climax to get up there from Grashhook. Just in case, we have acquired a 2-6-6-2 from the Great Northern (Mantua logging articulated), but haven't had time for road trials yet.

"They" are trying real hard to spray up a storm for you guys in CO , Trailrider. Had some (nowadays) rare blue skies for a week or so here in AZ. Dozens of aircraft began painting a grid of chemtrails yesterday morning. Can't see anything but a scuzzy high altitude haze with a spiderweb of trails in it today. Should be thickening into clouds by the time it gets up your way in a day or two.

stop it u mean they control the weather .... no lol

I hat a tinfoil hat for myself and each one of my children.
All are different colors and designs.

We don't have to wear them in the house.
My roof has a lead under the shingles..

Snow? Snow? Except for about 1" we had here last year, that melted before the day was out, we haven't had a decent snow here since the blizzard in March, 1993. We got 1.5" in 1998, and 3 ice storms since then, but no snow.

Tell "them" to take it easy. We don't mind 6" or so in the Denver area, but I can do without the 35" we had on our back patio in 2003! In addition, those areas in the NW Denver and foothills that had those terrible flood can definitely use a break!

If we get any here in SE Queensland at this time of year (has occured up on the Granite Belt in the winter) I'll no longer believe in global warming.

Lake Erie snow machine is up and running. 2-5 inches depending where you are at. We have two inches in Medina and it's 25 degrees this morning.
Wayne

Back