Something neat I found...

Dsquared_sleeperMSP

1:87 truck GuRu
Well, I was browsing online when I came across this...

IMG_4305.png

IMG_4299.png

IMG_4302.png

IMG_3924.jpg

It doesn't seem to be available yet, but it is in the works. Apparently, it will be available in both the HO and N scales. Looks like it would be a great addition to any layout...

Good Lord, that thing is a monster. I think it would take up half my layout. How does that thing move? Is it just built in place or what?

I remember seeing something similar to this on an episode of "mega machines" or something like that. With a machine that big, I believe that large metal "feet" are used (caterpillar tracks won't work for some reason) which practically walk the machine everywhere that it needs to go.

As far as I know, it will be a working/moving model. Here's another one...

ccm-muskie-1.jpg

Classic Construction Models will soon be deliverying the 1/87th / HO scale model of the largest Walking Dragline Ever Built. From 1969 to 1991 the Big Muskie worked at the Central Ohio Coal Company mine in Cumberland, Ohio. The bucket was an astounding 220 cubic yards and is the only part of this massive machine that still exists today. At over 400 feet long this will be a truly massive model even in 1/87 scale. From the back of the house to the tip of the boom will be almost 5 feet long!! This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity and will be an extremely limited production run. The model will be an all brass model made to museum quality which is what you have come to expect from Classic Construction Models. Delivery date, shipping costs and retail price have yet to be determined. Reserve your very unique model today!

I would imagine a price tag of roughly $3000-4000...YIKES!!!

Wow, looks like a great model but I sure hope the guy keeps his day job. It's hard to see this selling enough to pay back the R&D costs.

Seeing how its brass and its a working model, I'm guessing it will have a price of around $3000-4000. Honestly, those big items do sell. I went to a train show a while ago, and there are a lot of wealthy, older couples that are into this hobby and collecting the brass items. One gentlemen I met had his 1:87 collection appraised @$82,000.00 not including his actual layout!!!

A Bucyrus Erie Walking Dragline. Saw the ad in one of the hobby mags, or maybe the net. Like most expensive brass limited run pieces, they will take reservations and make only enough models to fill the order. Can't afford having a bunch of those things sitting on the shelf!

A Bucyrus Erie Walking Dragline. Saw the ad in one of the hobby mags, or maybe the net. Like most expensive brass limited run pieces, they will take reservations and make only enough models to fill the order. Can't afford having a bunch of those things sitting on the shelf!

Absolutely.

Back