Some Industrial Building ideas

Barry,

The Cat that has the "low profile tires" is/was probably used in a scrap yard. The tires are solid rubber so they can't go flat from the metal laying all over. But they can operate on the pavement unlike the steel wheels that are on the other ones. From what I have seen, the steel wheeled ones are used in landfills to help compress the garbage.

Got a few more things to peruse through---

L-R building tucked in behind an old frame building in Arkona ON this one having had settling issues sometime in its recent past, just outside Arkona--came across an almost mirror image elevator company--everyone is getting fenced in anymore----

Last edited by a moderator:
a few more to add to general mish mash-

L-R: Strathroy mill---and the one at Komoka ON--just west of London ON---the building in 2nd from left is the original mill. 3rd from left is a grain drier and the one on the right shows unloading grain--

Last edited by a moderator:
A few odds and sods--L-R:---hey, you don't need straight up/down walls. You can always slant them--, Even the front of this dealership is sloped back. Admittedly this is an ugly pic but it was the only way I could get it without stepping out onto the road---this overhead crane was attached to a building that was much smaller than it looks here---very odd this. Old road grader----

Barry, it looks like that crane is used to lift sheet steel and the fabricated beams that the company makes. You can see some on the truck beneath the crane.

Any idea why the ethanol company has gates like that? You can see the cyclone fence gate sections descend from the structure, but why such a huge structure, with the manways running across it? It almost looks like they use it to inspect something on the top of trucks. I've never seen anything quite like it before.

Lots of great reference pics in this thread. It's a shame that the ethanol plant didn't stay in business very long.

Not sure if you are aware of my company, but Clever models has a large selection of industrial models and textures available. Either way, I invite you to visit our web site. It's sure to give you good ideas.
www.clevermodels.net

Cleaning up a few loose ends here---some more from Bunge--Hamilton ON the last one on the far right may have been a repeat----but it just goes to show how much has been fenced off---

Some random bits of stuff--The marina on the Left is what you could conceivably find near industrial areas---witness the one in Hamilton ON. The two empty parking lots by plants can be testimony to the emptiness of the plants themselves--these near St. Thomas ON. The one on the far right is from St Thomas as well---

Back