Show us your special rides

Ah, yes, Jack, I rememebr the Sterling now. I didn't realize they were made by Rover.

Aaron, having been in search and rescue for 25 years, I always get nervous when I see people rappelling without a belay. Looks like you had good footing and landings on that cliff, so not being on belay seems safe, but I've spent way too many hours recovering bodies of climbers who thought they didn't need a belay. :(

I understand completely. This area is only a short 75 footer. Obviously I know it only takes a split second for an accident to happen, but I have been going to this spot for several years and know it, and my own personal limits very well.

My Mustang

I took this shot from the parking lot at the base of the Duquesne Incline, across from downtown Pittsburgh where the Monongahela River joins the Allegheny to form the Ohio River.

MustangwithPittsburgh.jpg

S Unger

Im liking the vehicles on this thread!

Ford_Capri_01.jpg

Ford Capri

HA! My first car! I had a 72 Yellow 4-cyl automatic Capri...Nice car, but I had no $$ to keep it alive... :(

I'm all VW's now having sent the Neon away :rolleyes:, I have a 84 Jetta, 91 Jetta, 99 Jetta and 85 Iltis...here's my toy Iltis
seansiltis054.png

im guessing thats a treker not a kubelwagen?

they do look good! i have a friend with one he frequently drives around with no doors on!

SGS, what is that Iltis? It looks like a "Thing" that grew up. :) Were they ever imported (legally) into the US? I sure never recall seeing one.

im guessing thats a treker not a kubelwagen?

Nope it's a type 182 Iltis, A kubelwagen would be it's grandfather, and the type 181 "Thing" would be its father. It has a rabbit 1.7L engine, and a old Audi Quattro-style drivetrain.

SGS, what is that Iltis? It looks like a "Thing" that grew up. :) Were they ever imported (legally) into the US? I sure never recall seeing one.

They will start trickling into the US, as the 25 year moratorium on imports makes the 1984s available now. (Canadian production years 84-86)

Canadian Military Surplus isn't it? I've seen a couple roaming around here.

Yep, mine was from my old unit, 4RCR. The 'civi' versions were $20K in 1980 dollars...:eek: Mine was a cool $750. :cool:

SGS, the Canadian military used those things? They were made in Canada? I'm usually pretty up on military vehicles and never saw one of those before. I'm surprised the VW logo made it on a military vehicle. Even most of the Chevy and GMC pickups ordered by the US military didn't have the company logo.

Rem, what year is that Nova? I almost bought an SS version before my better judgement took hold. :)

Nova

The Nova is a 73 SS with a bit of mods for the dragstrip and the vette is a 91. The Nova is up for sale...........hint........hint hint. ;)

my daily still special ride as it tows the XJ. radio and computer tuner so far, wheels exhaust intake and brakes coming this spring

06 ram 1500
707031624_z8uoL-M.jpg

my old truck
06 nissan frontier, lots of work, intake exhaust custom intake plenum spacer, pulleys tuned wheels brakes suspension
520647892_FGN7t-M.jpg

520649553_5mLw2-M.jpg

520652596_DCiTo-M.jpg

and the reason i dont have it any more thanks to another car turning left in front of me while i was doing 40+
571938018_jcxLR-M.jpg

A Poor Mans Ferrari !

Here's my '97 Eclipse GS-T with a 5 speed std tran. The T stands for Turbo Charged and this is one quick machine. The trubo allows the four cylinder dual over head cam engine with roller cam follers to develope 210 Hp and allows for rapid rpm increases and it developes full torque at 3000 rpm. Being front wheel drive it can be a bit tricky to drive at times and only requires a light foot on the accelatorator to get you launched down the road. I've put wider V rated tires on the wheels for added traction which helps quite a bit too.

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=67

Last edited by a moderator:
Old guy, old bus....my wife and I bought this in 1994. It ain't fast but it sleeps us and our two dogs and hauls my fishing gear.

100_4677a.png

Back