short in the db150

Juergenamlinger

hi all. from the BC Railer. short in the db 150.? when you turn power on the db150 it beeps 5 times the track status light flashes off and on but there is no power to the track in district 1 when you take the rail a rail b wires out of the comand station it will go back to normal status . what could be going on here.?

My best guess is that there is a short somewhere in the wires or the track.
The command station cuts power to the track when there is a short outside of the command station. If there is a short within the CS, it will only smoke.

Connect the track power on the DB150 to only one piece of flex track. Does it run a loco on it okay? If so, you have a short somewhere on your railroad. Start isolating parts till you narrow it down to find the short. If the DB150 still has problems with the one piece of flex track then the problem is in the connector to the DB150 or in the DB150 itself.

Connect the track power on the DB150 to only one piece of flex track. Does it run a loco on it okay? If so, you have a short somewhere on your railroad. Start isolating parts till you narrow it down to find the short. If the DB150 still has problems with the one piece of flex track then the problem is in the connector to the DB150 or in the DB150 itself.
i just replaced the db 150 with another 1 i had it did the same thing. the first db 150 i hooked up to a single track it did short so it is the db150 2 db150 that are gone.?

Pretty unlikely I’d think.
Unless I missed it you still haven’t said if you’ve hooked each one up to a separate hunk of track?
As in off the layout that is.

Did you turn off the automatic reverse function of the DB150?
Disregard. I missed that you were the OP of the other thread about the same issue.

Last edited:

Back