Shed

Hi, so I'm new to this forum and just thought I would show you guys this shed that I scratch built a couple of days ago as being 15 years old I feel blessed with the gift that God's given me :) I would like to hear any comments or advice.

Hi Hands Made For Wood. Welcome to the forum.Thats not too bad at all. Is this your first attempt at scratch building? I like your tin roof. What did you use? One thing though. You have the tin overlapping the wrong way. When doing roofs, always start at the bottom and work your way up. You will never go wrong. Ron.

Thanks, no actually this is my fourth scratch-building I've made I put this one together in about 2 days so the detail isn't superb :S thanks for the advice I see what your saying I'll have to fix that next time I make a roof like that.... I took cardboard and I ripped off the paper and inside it is wavy which works perfect... then you paint it and weather it.

Hi, HMFW. Your screen name is too long for me type. :) Do you have a real first name that's shorter? So you're only 15 years old? You have done a great job for someone your age. I like the broken window effect. You probably want to use a straight edge and hobby knife to get that window trim squared up next time but it's a way better job than I could have done at your age.

Jim I am only a lurker here most of the time,but I would disagree about the window trim as it gives the shed a well used look.
Duke

Duke, I can't fault you for that - does make it look more dilapidated. If that's how Levi intended it to look, that's good. I know when I was first scratchbuilding, I had a tough time getting frames square until I started to use a good metal straight edge and a bunch of sharp #11 blades. :)

Back