September 2008 Photo Contest

Old 97

Hogger
The September 2008 Photo Contest Theme is * Small Locomotives!
Every Railroad has them, so lets see yours in action, sitting in the yard or "glory bound" to the scrapper's torch!

One entry per member please. To enter, follow the link, login to the gallery and upload your photo. Good luck to all and thanks for participating in the photo contests!

http://www.modelrailroadphotos.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=589

* Any steam or diesel locomotive having a wheel arrangement up to 0-6-0 with or without a tender.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure that classification works for diesels. How about less 70 tons or less for a diesel?

Maybe four axles for a diesel, and perhaps Jim is on to something about weight. Or should it be a common designation, like NW/SW, but to include RS series? I'm just mumbling here.

Sounds like it would be "critters", Plymouths, 44 tonners, etc... 0-6-0 in diesel terms would be 3 axles, so small switchers wouldn't count, even though S-3's and NW's etc, are pretty small!

Good thing I just got a new critter... now to get out the camera!

Off to a great start!

Good thing I just got a new critter... now to get out the camera!

Can't wait to see it Fred! This month's contest is off to a great start as we already have three entrants.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Small" is quite subjective. My Challenger is small compared to my Big Boy. Sorry, I'm just SOOOO contrary.

Say Old 97,
Well now your talking! Smal loc's I have, is it limited too just one loco or can two be double heading in the shot?

Wow, very nice all.

Is it just me, or do you all get the feeling after seeing some of these guys modeling that, WHAT'S THE POINT for me to even start??! :p

Actually, you are all a great source of inspiration!

Oh, ya, I know. Was just giving them a backhanded complement - everyone's photos DO get me motoring! And now the flooring is in for my train room! Going to go get some paint on the advice of a member here who thought it might be easier to at least get some blue paint for the sky while there is nothing in the way.

Back