Sectional layout designs

Kentuckyjed

Working on setting up a brand-new layout leaning heavily on the 4x8 plan but I am limited to space if having to move to a different location/room so I am trying to figure a two-section design where they could easily be separated and re connected. Looking for advice/pictures/videos ect. I am scavenging plywood and pieces and have a 4x5 1/2 old train board with enough plywood to make up the other 2 1/2 feet. Thought about making a 4x5 1/2 and a 4x2 1/2 with some type of latch setup where they could be separated. Thanks for any ideas or directions.

four 2x4 sections would make it easy to move and set up. bolted together. with alignment pins(just wood dowels) My entire layout is built like that and has moved. Much easier to handle those sizes with scenery on them. They are lighter and stiffer too. Also helps if you design the layout so they can be configured for the space. Not nesseccasrily a rectangle. but any shape that would fit the new space. Check out the MR build layout, The "Beer Line" which is built in this very manner. Moving and reconfiguration in mind

four 2x4 sections would make it easy to move and set up. bolted together. with alignment pins(just wood dowels) My entire layout is built like that and has moved. Much easier to handle those sizes with scenery on them. They are lighter and stiffer too. Also helps if you design the layout so they can be configured for the space. Not nesseccasrily a rectangle. but any shape that would fit the new space. Check out the MR build layout, The "Beer Line" which is built in this very manner. Moving and reconfiguration in mind
Thanks, I will check out the Beer Line.

Heres the only two on this forum I found.

If you do a general search anything with "beer" and "line" come up. Click the title only box, and these came up.

thanks migalyto I am running in HO on a 4x8 that I want to sectionalize for transport. I might have that issue of MR archived somewhere, the forum doesn't seem to offer what I was expecting but to no avail I will trudge along.

Back