Sd-40T2

Randy, I beg to differ with you. But I've got an Athearn BB SD40T-2 D&RG shell in my hand. It doesn't come anywhere close to lining up to the mounting lugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
It shouldn't. The SD40-2 has a length of 68 ft 10 in. The T-2 is 70 ft 8 in. Almost two feet longer so the shell shouldn't fit.

Thanks Jerome & Jim for the answer. I was going to get 3 new shells for my 40-2's.
I had bid on 3 new T-2's on Ebay the other day & I got up this morning & had an emaiul from EBay that I had won the whole bid. That's a shocker. Must have been the time of the closing. 4am this morning the reason there were no other bidders. 3 brand new Athearn SD40T-2's for $59.00. Thought I was going to stop buying off EBay. Surprise-surprise.
Now, I've still got to get 3 new shells for the SD40's. I can get them brand new from Model Railcraft Parts & that's probably what I will do. BTW, MRP sells all new parts for Athearn & Kato for excellent prices & they have fast delivery. They gave me a big break on shipping about 2 weeks ago.

Back