Scratched 6 Axle Whalebelly tanker..Finished less paint

Scratched 6 Axle Whalebelly tanker, painted, decaled & weathered

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53243414@N00/page1/?details=1

This was a tough build! There are 52 solder joints on the walkway stanchions and 228 rivets applied one at a time. It's one ugly car, but unique to say the least. It hauled 23,000 gals of Phosphorus. Phosphorus is very heavy, thus the small car compared to the other multi-axle tank cars. It was part of the MONX 23000-23023 series.
Thanks for looking.

I uploaded 5 photos of the completed car.

Regards, Bobby

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite a talent

Sir you have quite a talent and patience untold. The tanker is a wonderful example of skill and artwork. Thanks for sharing and setting a bar.
Doc'

That is most, most impressive.

I guess you've got some sort of insane genius thing going on.

Amazing.

70 years old... that is even more amazing. I'm 63 and the eyes aren't so good and the hands aren't so steady.

I couldn't do what you've done when I was at my best much less now.

Incredible, just incredible.

Do you ever make any to sell? I would love to have something of that caliber in my collection.

Thanks again. If I didn't own a opti-visor I'd be lost. I also have a pair of single lens glasses that are a tad stronger than my tri- focal bottom. I don't sell any of my models, as long as my health holds up I'll enjoy them. Thank you for asking.

Regards, Bobby

That is like...

holy....

geez that's good!

You have some mad skills Bobby! :cool:

I would love to be a fly on the wall while you built one of these. The tutorial alone would be worth a small fortune in the modeling world. Hint Hint.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back