Score! Roundhouse ore cars

AllenB

I love these little cars. I always keep my eyes peeled for a good deal. Well today I was at my local hobby shop and ran into a bunch of used rolling stock. Among them were 7 C&O never put together ore cars. Three different road numbers among them. Got them for $7.00 each. I'm a happy man!

Attachments

• IMG_2660.jpg
    IMG_2660.jpg
    591.5 KB · Views: 187
I bought all of my MDC Roundhouse Ore Cars back when they where still being produced by Roundhouse. I think I paid $69.99 for a batch of a dozen D&RGW silver cars and the rest are all different roads; but, mostly DM&IR Minnesota cars. I get such a kick out of seeing a nice string of ore cars rolling down the line. I am so glad I was able to pick them up before MDC Roundhouse went away! I would have to pay about $400.00 to have as many Walthers Ore Cars on my layout! I have purchase some off of Ebay and some that I received are older, more detailed cars that open to the chutes under the body. The only problem with them is the fact that the coupler box is very narrow and difficult to install Kadees.

It's interesting, we all seem to think that the old stuff was less detailed! Well, the above is a demonstration that this is not always true!

Good job picking up a batch of the MDC Cars!

Back