Score Big Time!!! Its Brass

oh you lucky dog. Good deal. I saw a pair of brass coaches in daylight colors go for only $12 yesterday. For some reason theres some excellent deals on train-bay right now. It seems like all the idiots that bid too high on the junk went on vacation or something lol.:cool:

Well all it means now is that I will have to get a set of Daylight rolling stock. I have an almost compleat set of Southern Pacific Sunset Limited Coaches and a set of Amtrak Coaches and have started getting my Union Pacific Set. Next will be the daylight.

your 1 lucky s.o.b. i've yet to ever find anykind of deal, let alone a deal for brass. i keep looking for the overland brass jordan spreader.

You can certainly tell the seller had no idea about trains by the backwards tender and his description of the tender as a "cargo wagon". I'll be interested to find out who made it - looks like Hallmark to me. Great catch.

Dang, I think is a Hallmark, willing to sell? I'll gave you $100! Heck, its yours man, I'll wait for the PCM one.

that seller has some nice models for sale currently. im thinking of picking up some of the auctions.

Hey BoilerBuster: I'd hold off on getting big steamers until you can build a layout that can handle one... I have a fellow club member that bought a Challenger and a Big Boy (He hasn't gotten the BB yet due to it being VERY expensive (Has smoke)) and the Club Layout can handle them but with the origional trackwork being in the state it is now with all the kinks and such. They have a hard time running it..

Most of these spend there time on the shelf. I have yet to find any engine that has problems running on a 15 inch turn yet. Even that Challenger runs on it without any problems. However I am not far from building my First room I just need the time for it. No worries about buying engines now as I Have shelf space for them.

Your radii will come into play once you start running longer cars and so forth. A single engine might make the turn on the small radius, but will 2 60' or larger cars go with it without getting uncoupled or derailed? And besides, they don't look good at all turning those sharp curves, you want them to look majestic.:cool:

what are you guys searching under for these engines? i have yet to ever, ever find anykind of deal on anything, not just train related.

Hobb E Mart store on Ebay has alot of Used Genisis engines show up alot of times.
Here is a link to his store
http://search.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayI...algo=TS&its=S&itu=SS%2BSI&otn=25&po=Op1&ps=15
The rest you just have to get lucky. I watch Ebay like a hawk Most of the times I am the first to pickup on something as I watch it every day.
It could be also the way I search. I just put in the Railroad of my choosing and search all items for that railroad.

Also watch Hobb e mart alot he always has new ones in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hobb E Mart store on Ebay has alot of Used Genisis engines show up alot of times.
Here is a link to his store
http://search.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayI...algo=TS&its=S&itu=SS%2BSI&otn=25&po=Op1&ps=15
The rest you just have to get lucky. I watch Ebay like a hawk Most of the times I am the first to pickup on something as I watch it every day.
It could be also the way I search. I just put in the Railroad of my choosing and search all items for that railroad.

Also watch Hobb e mart alot he always has new ones in.

thats probably a good idea. When I search the ho train section i usually just search under nysw, nys&w, susquehanna, NJ, jersey, cnj, erie, dlw and lackawanna.

I alot of times search that way. We all have our favorite railroad and I search SP, D&RGW Rio Grande, UP But I also search by manufacture as well as Engine. If I want a SD50 I will search all SD50's and see whats out there. Of course I go there knowing what I am looking for. I just bought a SP Ex RG SD50 to add to the two RG units I already have. But the day I found that Daylight I was searching everything Daylight Special.

Back