Salutations from Spiral Storm!

Hello to everybody here!

I am Spiral Storm, a young man who loves trains, both full-size and model-scale. The first working train set I had was an HO-scale train set, of which I cannot remember the name of. I was given a model train set before which might have been O-scale (As it was a tad larger than the HO-scale set my mom gave to me one Christmas) but unfortunately, it would not work. But in recent years I was given another model train set from my older brother. This train set is made by a company called Power Trains (Now known as Power City Trains) which, from what I understand, is closer to TT-scale than to HO-scale. So this is my history and my introduction to all of you. I am, like everybody else here, an avid model train hobbyist. And I look forward to discussing the world of model trains with everybody and ultimately expanding my collection. Any questions or comments about my collection are more than welcome...Cheers! :D

G'day ....I might be one of the first to say G'day to you....I'm in Australia , also do HO.....but this awesome forum caters for all scales as you'll find..They're a friendly , helpful and funny bunch and I guarantee you'll enjoy this forum very much....Great to have you with us....Love the avatar by the way.....Cheers Rod...

Welcome to the forums, Spiral. As Rodney said there are good, friendly, knowledgeable folks on here, so don't be afraid to ask any question you may have.

Remember that the only dumb question is the one never asked!

Hello, rodney! Thanks for being the first to give me a warm welcome. And thanks for the compliment on my avatar. I was having a little trouble deciding on what kind of avatar I wanted and I was also having trouble uploading it, but it all worked out for me in the end. And Carey, thanks to you as well! I am sure I will have at least a dozen or so questions, most related to the model railroading world...XD! And Bob, last but certainly not least, I thank you for your welcome as well. I'll be sure to stick around here for quite some time. See you all soon!

You know spiral storm around my neck of the woods a spiral storm is a tornado so i hope your the only one i see or here from for a very long time.

He-He! Well, don't worry, marriedshades. I'm sure I'll be the only spiral storm you hear about. But where is 'your neck of the woods' and what kinds of trains do you have?

Hello all! After being away for more than a month, I am finally back! And once I am fully settled in my new home, I'll be ready to continue preparing my railroad layout. If anybody wants to find out more about it or what it is, check out my older posts regarding Falcon City...Cheers!

Hi Spiral Storm - [Twister, LoL]
I'll aslo welcome you to the forums here as it's always good to get new members.
As your probably well aware, the space you have for a layout verses the size you want to model in determines what you can do or can't. A railroad can be anything from a switching layout on a long board or in an L shape to an enlarged layout of one type or another.

It will be interesting to see what you come up with that your thinking about doing? As Carey said there are plenty of us on here with a lot of knowledge to help you out so all you need do is let us know what your thinking of doing and we can guide you along so things work smoothly for you.

Talk with you again,

David S.

Hi Spiral Storm - [Twister, LoL]
I'll aslo welcome you to the forums here as it's always good to get new members.
As your probably well aware, the space you have for a layout verses the size you want to model in determines what you can do or can't. A railroad can be anything from a switching layout on a long board or in an L shape to an enlarged layout of one type or another.

It will be interesting to see what you come up with that your thinking about doing? As Carey said there are plenty of us on here with a lot of knowledge to help you out so all you need do is let us know what your thinking of doing and we can guide you along so things work smoothly for you.

Talk with you again,

David S.

Hi, David! After doing a lot of much-obsessive research, I figured out my train sets are a lot closer to HO-scale than I originally thought. So based on my discoveries, I have decided to start searching for some ready-made or easy assembly HO-scale buildings. I am pretty sure I can do the landscaping myself as long as I understand all the instructions on the box and have all necessary landscaping equipment. But I appreciate your warm welcome. I may try and find some model railroad shows in my area to see if anybody shares my enthusiasm of this awesome hobby. As for the shape of my layout, I'm not sure...As I am getting a couple of new additions to my figure-8 track setup, it will be somewhat larger, so I'll have to see where it'll fit...Wish me luck!

Welcome to back to the forums, glad to have you onboard.

I missed saying hello when you first started this thread, I was AWOL over the summer.

You found the best forum because it has the best members. I think you will fit right in!

Back