Running Bear's May 2024 Coffee Shop

I spy, with my little eye a big tractor tire??
Karl - That 1995 Massey is the tractor I used while contracting to Mobile Oil for oil lease and lease road maintenance. It did it's job at the time, was paid for, and was basically a throw away lighter due to the extreme roughness and hazards of that work. Cosmetically, the tractor was destroyed, but is quite sound mechanically.
I just kept it when I closed my company. Wasn't sure if I wanted to stand up again and repair it for further abuse. So, it is now a toy played in by the g-kids.

Afternoon All,

Started our doing chores and running errands. Before lunch I had a phone appointment with my primary care doctor. She said she was referring me to an allergist since based on the previous blood testing it appears that I have some kind of new food allergy. Son found out today that his restaurant is shutting down on Friday. Everyone has to come in all day tomorrow and Friday to break everything down. :(

Patrick- I think I would rather have a false alarm than no warning,

Mike- The center of the country is getting our normal rain.

Troy- I shared your music meme with my daughter.

Willie- Nice looking buildings. Picture #6 is one I previously had but I think it had a second structure in the kit that butted against that one.

Guy- I've built 3 or 4 plaster/hydrocal/resin structures and unless the opening had a detailed stamped inside surface, I cut it out. But, as Willie said you have to leave a lip.

Here is the night shot of the tower. To the right is a coal mine.

20240430_211829.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Just read that Kalmbach was sold to a company called Firecrown media.

Oh dear, I don't like the sound of that. In the UK we have had various media mergers, takeovers and reorganizations in both magazines and local radio sectors and pretty universally, the resultant mess has been a disaster.

Oh dear, I don't like the sound of that. In the UK we have had various media mergers, takeovers and reorganizations in both magazines and local radio sectors and pretty universally, the resultant mess has been a disaster.
Lets hope its successful.

I haven't been a subscriber to Model Railroader for a couple of years now. Probably wont go back either, but I still hope they continue to do well. Its good for the hobby!

Well, howdy there internet peeps, and those who realize that glitter is the herpes of the craft world!

It's Troy again...

And yes, I'm using glitter paint

My Swifty Orcs:

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 8.19.35 PM.png

The lady orcs even have some glitter on the outfits... cause orc ladies gotta have their bling!

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 8.20.23 PM.png

I got them glued to their main base, and have it mostly done. I'm painting the Singer orcs. Each unit will get one green Singer/Bard orc lady...

I did print up some orc lady bards, that are mostly unclothed. They look good, but it's a family game. So that bottle of green glitter is becoming a green sequined leotard on the those musicians.

I'll post a pic later once I know if I like the effect. The blue girls above have glitter paint on their loincloths/skirts and bras.

Just read that Kalmbach was sold to a company called Firecrown media.

Mike: Interesting. Did not know they were on the market.

Lets hope its successful.

I haven't been a subscriber to Model Railroader for a couple of years now. Probably wont go back either, but I still hope they continue to do well. Its good for the hobby!
Ditto here. It's been a good 10 years or so since I have subscribed. The thinning down of the mag for more video concept lost me. I can't take my PC in when I go to 💩 like I can take a magazine.
RMC is still the King mag for me.

Same thing is happening in the US. Most of the automotive press went away over the last 5 years, precipitated by a change in ownership. I still much prefer a print magazine but am painfully cognizant I should get used to reading that stuff on a screen.

Back