Running Bear's May 2023 Coffee Shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's to bad. My dad bought one new in '72. I came and he sold it since 4 would no longer fit. Once my sibling left home he bought it back from the same guy he sold it too. I drove it all they through college and into my first job. This all took place in the north west. Loved driving that car. They are really fun to drive in the snow with stud's all the way around. :) He still has it today. I understand the tight spaces that the mechanics had to deal with all to well.

I've always been a Porsche fanatic. Give me a good Type 4 air cooled motor any day! or better yet, the 6 cyl version!

the only thing worse than a soviet fiat is shanks pony
You've obviously never rode in a Trabant.

499cc 2 stroke engine.

1684179911372.png

With the second-best record in baseball. And being only the second team (Astros) to take a series from Tampa.

Okay - so car wise, seeing as everyone is revealing ... I have a number of vehicles:

1. 1997 Harley Davidson Softail Heritage - mint condition
2. 1984 Corvette (re built courtesy of some dumb "A" 17 yo female
3. 2010 Nissan Rogue - to be replaced with an X5 BMW or X3 BMW this year
4. Mercedes E350 with AMG and Luxury Package.

I am currently also looking at a Mercedes AMG SL550 Roadster to replace the Corvette that isn't that great ... 205 HP (Corvette) compared to 525 HP AMG :)

Last edited:
My Mom had a '62 Plymouth Valiant with those push-buttons, but on the right side.
View attachment 168403
The car that I learned to drive in was a '59 Chevy Biscayne. 3 speed manual on the column.
View attachment 168404
First car that I actually bought was an 11 year old '61 VW Beetle with a 36 hp engine.
View attachment 168405
Heater worked from hot air piped directly off the air-cooled engine. Wipers were vacuum operated from the engine, if you needed them to wipe faster, you downshifted. 1st gear was for starting, 2nd gear was for RH turns, 3rd gear was for LH turns and 4th gear was for everything else.

Darn mate - A Slant 6 Valiant which was a great car. A Fairlane 500 as owned by my mothers aunt and VW Beetle that my parents (at one time or another) owned :)

Good Morning All!

51F @ 71%

Made some time for the track plan. Don't laugh too much!
Upper Level:
View attachment 168408
Lower Level:
View attachment 168409

As you can see, am having trouble with the prints. Will post to groups.io ( xtrackcad ) and see if it is either me not doing something correct, or ? Setup to print ARCH D with the resulting print *maybe* ARCH C, and it does not matter if I print Portrait or Landscape. Anyway you can get some idea of what I am attempting to get done.

Edit - you can make them bigger somewhat.

Later

You know - there is a specific thread for Layouts Design and Construction ;) :)

Last edited:
I am currently also looking at a Mercedes AMG SL550 Roadster to replace the Corvette that isn't that great ... 205 HP (Corvette) compared to 525 HP AMG
Tony- In 2010, I had an '81 T-tops Corvette 350 ci V-8 rated 195 hp from the factory. (My wife's new Hyundai Sante Fe turbo is 261 hp from a 4 cylinder) I could bark the tires when the auto tranny shifted into second gear.
Fun to drive once I replaced the brake slave cylinders and I could stop the dern thing.
I bought a motorcycle and the wife traded the Corvette for a new deck built onto the house.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back